Post pollution control Method for C. I. Engine automobiles using Nano-coated Catalytic converter
- 1Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Raipur, CG, India
- 2Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Raipur, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 14-16, March,26 (2016)
The pollution level due to the exhaust emissions from diesel engine based automobiles has become an issue of major concern in today’s scenario. Some of the cities have started thinking on an odd and even formula to control the pollution rate. Nano-particles coated on catalytic converter can be very helpful in this regards. Nanotechnology plays a vital role in the formation of new methods and new products, to improve present production equipments and for producing innovative materials having better performance leading to less consumption of energy resources and less environmental degradation. The present research work is based on contribution of nano-particles in the field of automobile pollution control. When the change of particle size from micro to nanotakes place, it causes significant change in the material properties. This research work also underlines the atomic activity of nano-particles used for pollution prevention from the C.I. engine based automobiles.
- Gilmour P., Ziesenis A., Morrison E., Vickers M., Drost E. and Ford I., et al. (2004)., Pulmonary and Systemic Effects of Short Term Inhalation Exposure to Ultrafine Carbon Black Particles., Toxicological Applications Pharmacology, 195(1), 35-44.
- M. Twigg. (2006)., Roles of Catalytic Oxidation in Control of Vehicle Exhaust Emissions., Catalysis Today, 117(4), 407-418.
- M. Samim, N. K. Kaushik and Amarnath Maitra (2007)., Effect of Size of Copper Nano-particles on its Catalytic Converter in Ullman Reaction., Bull. Mater. Sci., 30(5), 535-540.
- Durairajan A, Kavita T, Rajendran A and Kumarswamidas LA. (2012)., Design and Manufacturing of Nano Catalytic Converter for Pollution Control in Automobiles for Green Environment., Indian J. Innovations Dev., 1(5), 315-319.
- Fazeli, Fariba, Shahram, Fakdehi. (2013)., Application of gold nano-particles as a catalyst for automotive pollution control., Engineering Research Journal, 1(2), 23-35.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N.K. (2013)., Behavioral Modeling and Simulation with Experimental Analysis of a Two Stroke Engine Using Nanosized Copper Coated Catalytic Converter., International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 59, 97-112.
- Thakur M., Saikhedkar N. (2012)., Reduction of Pollutant Emission from Two-wheeler Automobiles using Nano-particle as a Catalyst., Research Journal of Engineering Sciences, 1(3), 32-37.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2015)., Pollution Prevention from Diesel Engine based Automobiles using Nano-Particles., International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 371-373.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2015)., Methods of Pollution Control using Nano-Particles., International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, 215-217.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N.K. (2013)., Behavioral Modeling and simulation of Two Stroke Engine and Designed Catalytic Convertor with Improved Design for Implementation., International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 4(11), 1053-1062.
- Kishore K. and Krishna M. (2008)., Performance of Copper Coated Spark Ignition Engine with Methanol Bended Gasoline with Catalytic Converter., Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 67, 543-548.