Mental well being of street children in Lucknow City, India
- 1Dept. of Human Development and Family Studies, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (A Central University), Lucknow-226025 UP, India
- 2Dept. of Human Development and Family Studies, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (A Central University), Lucknow-226025 UP, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 38-43, April,2 (2019)
This paper presents the mental well being of street children of Lucknow City. A child either a girl or a boy for whom the street or even an unoccupied dwelling wasteland has become his/her habitual abode or is the source of his/her livelihood is a street child. Such children are inadequately protected, supervised or directed by responsible adults. Mental well being describes your mental state-how one feels or how well one can cope with day-to-day life? As the study is exploratory in nature, survey method was adopted to collect the information from the target population. The main tool in the study was a self prepared interview schedule which consisted of general and specific information of the respondents targeted for the study.
- Habitat UNCHS (2000)., Strategies to combat homelessness., United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (Habitat) Nairobi. https://unhabitat.org/year/ 2000/
- Bhargava H. Pramila (2003)., The Elimination of Child Labour and Whole Responsibility., Sage Publications, New Children, Evaluation Report IPEC in India. http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/140083/10/10_chapter%203.pdf
- Brown S.S. (2012)., Measuring Mental Wellbeing: the what, the why and the how., University of Warwick. http://www.swscn.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/ 2015/12/ Measuring-Mental-Health-Wellbeing-Sarah.pdf
- Mann M.M., Hosman C.M., Schaalma H.P. and De Vries N.K. (2004)., Self-esteem in a broad-spectrum approach for mental health promotion., Health education research, 19(4), 357-372. https://academic.oup.com/her/article/ 19/4/357/560320
- Hai M.A. (2014)., Problems faced by the street children: A study on some selected places in Dhaka City, Bangladesh., International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 3(10), 45-56. http://files.aiscience.org/journal/ article/html/ 70150033.html.
- Arabi K.A.M. and Ali W.A. (2011)., Factors Affect Homelessness Among Street Children in Khartoum State., Journal of Business Studies Quarterly, 2(2), 98-106.
- Prakash S. and Singh L. (2011)., Life without Hope: Railway Child Project in Rajasthan., Soc Sc Res Net. https://www.unicef.org/evaldatabase/files/5._Finalcre-Rajasthan-Final_Report.pdf
- Javid P.T.K. and Biswas M. (2009)., Microsoft Res. Bangalore, India., Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), International Conference. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007% 2F978-981-10-2750-5
- Avci I.A., Okanli A., Karabulutlu E. and Bilgili N. (2009)., Women's marital adjustment and hopelessness levels aftermastectomy., European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 13, 299-303. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19520606
- Mathur M. (2009)., Socialisation of street children in India: A socio-economic profile., Psychology and Developing Societies, 21(2), 299-325.
- UNICEF (2007)., Child Protection Policy work report., https://www.unicef.org/media/files/ChildPovertyReport.pdf
- Senefeld S., Strasser S. and Campbell J. (2009)., Orphans and Vulnerable Children Wellbeing Tool., https://ovcsupport.org/wpcontent/uploads/Documents/Orphans_and_Vulnerable_Children_Wellbeing_Tool_Users_Guide_April_2009_1.pdf