Bending strength estimation equations of green binder mortar for global research
- 1University of Trakya, Faculty of Architecture, Edirne 22100, Turkey
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 17-23, April,2 (2019)
New regression equations for estimating the bending strength of green mortar composite from pH of green cement containing fine marble particle (MP) is discussed in this experimental study. The tested properties are the bending strength of MP-green cement mortar composite at 7d, 28d, and 90d as well as pH of MP-green cement. Estimation of bending strength gain from pH is explained as new non-destructive method. In the light of the result, the substitution of marble particle up to 35% for Portland cement does have effect the performance of green cement, green mortar composite, and Portland cement positively. Green cement and green mortar composite containing up to 35% MP exhibits enhancement in pH and bending strength at 7d, 28d, and 90dwhen compared to the Portland cement and mortar composite. For that reason, the new regression equations are necessary for estimating the bending strength of MP-green cement mortar composite from pH of MP-green cement.
- Popovics Sandor (1998)., Strength and related properties of concrete a quantitative approach., John Wiley & Sons Inc. Publication, Toronto, 1-537. ISBN: 0-471-14903-9
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) (2010)., ACI222R-01: Protection of Metals in Concrete against Corrosion., ACI Publication, Michigan, USA. 1-41. ISBN: 9780870310607
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) (2011)., ACI 318-11: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete., ACI Publication, Michigan, USA, 1-503. ISBN: 9780870317446.
- American Society Testing Materials (ASTM) (2008)., ASTMC 270-08a: Standard Specification for Mortar for Unit Masonry., ASTM Publication, Easton, USA, 1-14. DOI: 10.1520/C0270-08A
- Clear K.C. and Hay R.E. (1973)., Time-to-Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete Slabe: V.1- Effect of Mix Design and Construction Parameters., FHWA-RD-73-32 Report, Federal Highway Administration Publication, Washington, USA.
- Clear K.C. (1976)., Time-to-Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete Slabs., PB 258 446 Report, Federal Highway Administration Publication, Washington, USA.
- Anonymous (2004)., Florida Method of Test for Concrete Resistivity as an Electrical Indicator of its Permeability., FM 5-578 Report, Department of Transportation Publication, Washington DC, USA.
- Hooton R.D. (1999)., Development of Standard Test Methods for Measuring Fluid Penetration and Ion Transport Rates., International Conference on Ion and Mass Transport in Cement-Based Materials, Toronto, Canada, 11-17.
- Kırgız M.S. (2016)., Strength Gain Mechanism for Green Mortar Substituted Marble Powder and Brick Powder for Portland Cement., European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 20 (Issue sup1: Supplement: Green Binder Materials for Civil Engineering and Architecture Applications), 38-63. DOI:10.1080/19648189.2016. 1246691
- Kırgız M.S. (2016)., Fresh and Hardened Properties of Green Binder Concrete Containing Marble Powder and Brick Powder., European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 20 (Issue sup1: Supplement: Green Binder Materials for Civil Engineering and Architecture Applications), 64-101.
- Kırgız M.S. (2015)., Advances in physical properties of C class fly ash-cement systems blended nanographite (Part 2)., ZKG International, 68(1-2), 60-67.
- Kırgız M.S. (2014)., Advances in physical properties of C class fly ash-cement systems blended nanographite (Part 1)., ZKG International, 67(12), 42-48.
- Kırgız M.S. (2011)., Chemical properties of blended cement pastes., Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 137(12), 1036-1042.
- Kırgız M.S. (2014)., Effects of blended-cement paste chemical composition changes on some strength gains of blended-mortars., The Scientific World Journal, 2014(1), 1-8.
- Kırgız M.S. (2015)., Strength gain mechanisms of blended-cements containing marble powder and brick powder., KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 19(1), 165-172.
- Mortar Industry Association(MIA) (2012)., The use of lime in mortar., [Technical Information: Data sheets]. Retrieved from: www.mortar.org.uk/documents/ miadata18.pdf. Access in: 05/01/2019.
- Martinez-Ramirez S. and Thompson G.E. (1999)., Degradation of lime-pozzolan mortar exposed to dry deposition of SO2 pollutant gas: Influence of curing temperature., Materials and Structures, 32(5), 377-382.
- McKay WilliamBarr (1947)., Brickwork., London: Longmans, Green and Co. Publication, 1-192. ISBN: 0582425190.
- Mulligan John A. (1942)., Handbook of brick masonry construction., New York: McGraw-Hill Publication, 1-544. (https://archive.org/details/HandbookOfBrickMasonryConstruction/page/n1)
- Palomo A., Blanco-Varela M.T., Martinez-Ramirez S., Puertas F. and Fortes C. (2004)., Historic Mortars: Characterization and Durability: New Tendencies for Research., European Research on Cultural Heritage, State-of-the-Art Studies, Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Publication, Prague.
- Papayianni I. and Stefanidou M. (2006)., Strength-porosity relationships in lime-pozzolan mortars., Construction and Building Materials, 20(9-10), 700-705.
- Tate M. (2005)., The Most Important Property of Cement Lime Mortar in Masonry Construction is., Proceedings of International Building Lime Symposium, Orlando, 133-145.
- Turkish Standards Institute (TSI) (1996)., TS 12072 Solid waste- Determination of pH., TSI Publication, Turkey, 1-9.
- Turkish Standards Institute (TSI) (1990)., TS 5133/T1 pH Meter- for laboratory use., TSI Publication, Turkey, 1-19.
- Turkish Standards Institute (TSI) (2013)., TS EN 196-2 Methods of testing cement- Part 2: Chemical analysis of cement., TSI Publication, Turkey, 1-67.
- Turkish Standards Institute (TSI) (2016)., TS EN 196-1 Methods of testing cement- Part 1: Determination of strength., TSI Publication, Turkey, 1-35.