Reproductive biology of Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) landed along the veraval centre, Saurashtra coast of the India
- 1Bakkarupla Thanda, Maripeda, Mahabubabad, Telangana State, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 7-15, January,2 (2018)
The current study were carried out investigation reproductive biology of Thinspine sea catfish, Plicofollis tenuispinis landed along the veraval centre of the saurashtra coast of the, India during the March 2016 to February 2017. The samples of the P. tenuispinis were brought from the recently landed catch at Veraval centre throughout the year of the study about 310 samples which is consisting of 143 male and 167 female individuals of the were examined for the investigation of the details. Revaling of these observations as overall sex ratio 1:1.2 for the male to female. Spawning season of the P. tenuispinis along the Veraval coast were February to June.
- Isa M.M., Noor N.S.M., Yahya K. and Nor S.A.M. (2012)., Reproductive biology of estuarine catfish, Arius argyropleuron in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia., Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare, 2(3), 14-27.
- Samat A., Yusoff F.M., Arshad A., Ghaffar M.A., Nor S. M.A., Magalhaes L.B. and Das S.K. (2016)., Reproductive biology of the introduced sailfin catfish, Pterygoplichthyspardalis (Pisces: Loricariidae) in peninsular Malaysia., Indian J. Fish., 63(1), 35-41.
- Devlaming V., Grossman G. and Chapman F. (1982)., On the use of the gonosomatic index., Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Physiology, 73A(1), 31-39.
- King R.P. (1998)., Weight-fecundity relationships of Nigerian fish populations., NAGA, the ICLARM quarterly, 22 (3), 33-36.
- Lakshimi K. and Rao S. (1992)., Trend in catfish catches at Visakhapatnam showing disappearance of Arius tenuispinis., J. Mar. Bio. Ass. India, 34(1&2), 26-37.
- Amin M., Shoaib M., Nabi G., Ahmed N. and Kifayatullah M. (2015)., A comprehensive review on fishery biology of catfishes., Journal of biology and life science, 7(1), 1-11.
- Raje S.G., Dineshbabu A.P. and Das T. (2008)., Biology and stock assessment of Tachysurus jella (Day) from Mumbai waters., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 55(4), 295-299.
- Menon N.G. and Pillai C.S.G. (1996)., Text book on marine biodiversity conservation and management., C.M. F.R.I. edited by Menon, N. G. and Pillai, C.S.G. 8th chapter: 89- 96.
- Mojumder P. (1978)., Maturity and spawning of the cat fish Tachysurus thalassinus (Ruppel) off Waltair Coast., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 25(1&2), 109-121.
- Raje S.G. (2003)., Some aspects of the biology of Tachysurus tenuispinis day from Veraval., Journal of the Indian Fisheries Association, 30, 97-103.
- Bhukya Bhaskar (2017)., First report on parasites occurrence and length-weight relationship of the thinspine sea catfish Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) landed along Veraval centre of Saurashstra coast of Gujarat, India., Research Journal of Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, 5(5), 1-7.
- Dan S.S. (1977)., Maturity, spawning and fecundity of catfish Tachysurus tenuispinis (Day)., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 24(1&2), 90-95.