Factors that affect consumers decision in purchasing coffee
- 1Department of Agribusiness, Universitas Padjadjaran, Jl. Raya Bandung Sumedang KM 21, Sumedang, 45363, Indonesia
- 2Department of Agribusiness, Universitas Padjadjaran, Jl. Raya Bandung Sumedang KM 21, Sumedang, 45363, Indonesia
- 3Department of Agribusiness, Universitas Padjadjaran, Jl. Raya Bandung Sumedang KM 21, Sumedang, 45363, Indonesia
- 4Department of Agribusiness, Universitas Padjadjaran, Jl. Raya Bandung Sumedang KM 21, Sumedang, 45363, Indonesia
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 1-6, January,2 (2018)
Total Production of Indonesian coffee is 657,882 tons, 67% for export and the remaining 33 for domestic (AEKI, 2012). Robusta coffee dominate coffee production in Indonesia, from total production 75, 39% is robusta coffee and 24, 61% arabika. Coffee Cconsumption in Indonesia grow from year to year, because Indonesians people changing lifestyle. Many people not only old people but also young people relax in coffee shop. Consumer decision in purchasing coffee very important, because the producers can find out what factors to be consideration to buy that product. Age, income, price, experience influence consumer in purchasing coffee. The purpose of this research to find out which dominant factors affect consumers decision. This research is survey, sample is taking 100 consumers by systematic random sampling. The data used are primary data and secondary data, and data is analyzed by path analysis.
- Lanfranchi M., Giannetto C. and Dimitrova V. (2016)., Evolutionary aspects of coffee consumers buying habits: results of a sample survey., Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, 22(5), 705-712.
- Data center and agricultural information systems (2016)., Projection coffee of consumption in Indonesia., Ministry of Agriculture of Indonesia.
- Schiffman Leon and Leslie Lazar Kanuk (1997)., Consumer Behavior., Published by Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., Amerika, 1-60. ISBN 10: 0130673358 / ISBN 13: 9780130673350
- Paul Peter J. and Olson dan Jerry C. (2014)., Perilaku Konsumen and Strategi Pemasaran., Published by Salemba Empat, Indonesia, 1-167. ISBN9789790612679
- Susanty Aries and Kenny Eirene (2015)., The Relationship between Brand Equity, Customer Satisfaction, and Brand Loyalty on Coffee Shop: Study of Excelso and Starbucks., Asian Marketing Journal, VII(1), 14-27.
- Mokrysz Sylwia (2016)., Consumer preferences and behavior on the coffee market in Poland., Forum Scientiae Oeconomia, 4(4), 91-107.
- Washburn J.H. and Plank R.E. (2002)., Measuring brand equity: an evaluation of a consumer-based brand equity scale., Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 10(1), 46-62.
- Pongsiri K. (2013)., Market feasibility for new brand coffee house: the case study of Thailand., International Journal of Social, Management, Economics and Business Engineering, 7(8), 2414-2417.
- Ambler T., Bhattacharya C.B., Edell J., Keller K.L., Lemon K.N. and Mittal V. (2002)., Relating brand and customer perspectives on marketing management., Journal of Service Research, 5(1), 13-25.
- Yücel N., Yücel A., Yılmaz A.S., Çubuk F., Orhan E.B. and Şimşek A.İ. (2015)., Coffee tasting experiment from the neuromarketing perspective., WEI International Academic Conference Proceedings, Harvard, USA, 29-35.
- Cubuk Fatma (2012)., A New Applied andScientific Approach: Neuromarketing-, (Unpublished Master thesis)., Kadir Has University, Istambul.
- He H. and Mukherjee A. (2007)., I am, ergo I shop: does store image congruity explain shopping behaviour of Chinese consumers., Journal of Marketing Management,23(5-6), 443-460. doi: 10.1362/026725707X212766.
- Md. Shahrukh, Chawla Subhash and Dubey Prince (2017)., A Study on Customer Satisfaction toward Footwear in Bilaspor City, India., Research Journal of Management Science, 6(5), 44-49.
- Holt D.B., Quelch J.A. and Taylor E.L. (2004)., How global brands compete., Harvard business review, 82(9), 68-75.
- Pandey Vivek and Singh Sushma (2017)., A Study of Emotional Intelligence on Student Behavior of Bhilai Institute of Thechnology, Durg, India., Research Journal of Management Science, 6(12), 1-5.