An academic-industrial collaboration for development of Engineering education in India
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Poornima University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 14-18, September,2 (2017)
In this era of a technological facelift, where devices are becoming obsolete in 10 years or so. Our engineering education has not seen up-gradation for an extended period. The need of quality skilled based engineers is not being fulfilled. It is seen that collaboration of academic institution with industries can rectify this situation up to a large extent. Such partnerships can address global issues, accelerate research work, reaching to those who need them at affordable prices. However, why is it so that such partnerships are not seen everywhere and is not readily accepted? What are the hindrances in between such collaborations? In the given paper, we will try to address the issue and understand the advantages and hurdles between the academic-industrial collaboration.
- Jalote Pankaj (2006)., Challenges in Industry-Academia Collaboration., Dept. of CSE, IIT Kanpur. https://www.iiitd.edu.in/~jalote/GenArticles/IndAcadCollab.pdf. 27/03/2017
- Aspiring Minds (2016)., National Employability Report- Engineers Annual., Report 2016. http://www.aspiringminds.com/sites/default/files/National%20Employability%20Report%20-%20Engineers%20Annual%20Report%202016.pdf. 5/04/2017
- Talent Matters (2016)., Industry-Academia Collaboration to Bridge the Skill Gap., www.talentmatters.com.my/ stories/employers/industry-academia-collaboration-to-bridge-the-skills-gap.aspx . 22/11/2016
- Brunnel Johan, d’Este Pablo and Salter Ammon, Investigating the factors that diminish the barriers to university-industry collaboration., Research Policy, 39(7), 858-868. 3/04/2017
- Edmondson Gail, Valigra Lori, Kenward Michael, Hudson Richard L. and Belfield Haydn (2012)., Making Industry University partnership work., Science Business, 1-52. 7/04/2017
- Slusarek Jan, Sobota Blazeg and Mendec Ewa (2010)., Collaboration Between Universities and Industry Based on Experience of the Silesial University of Technology., International Conference on Engineering Education, Gliwice, Poland, 1-10.
- Pai Srinivasa P. and Chiplunkar Niranjan N. (2015)., Success Story of Industry Institution Collaboration for Enhancing Teaching-Learning Experience., Proceedings of the International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education, 95-102. 22/03/2017
- Kelli Aleksei, Mets Tõnis, Jonsson Lars, Pisuke Heiki and Adamsoo Reet, The Changing Approach in Academia-Industry Collaboration: From Profit Orientation to Innovation Support., TRAMES: A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences, 17(3), 215-241.
- Roberts Joi L. (2007)., The future of Academic Industry Collaboration., International Association of Societies of Design Research, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 1-17.
- Pecas P. and Henriques E. (2006)., Best practices of collaboration between university and industrial SMEs., Benchmarking: An International Journal, 13(1/2), 54-67. DOI 10.1108/14635770610644574. 25/03/2017