Understanding national innovation system: Electronics sector in India
- 1Centre for Studies and Research in Science, Technology & Innovation Policy, School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 23-30, August,2 (2017)
System of innovation as a framework in the field of Science & technology plays an important role in linking national, regional, sectoral and technological innovation to understand development and competition in firm or in particular technology, here National Innovation system (NIS) is discussed. And based on NIS, this paper basically focuses on finding various actors, institutions, system which leads to electronic sector development in India as an emerging technology with best assurance. For that various literature, surveys, articles and reports are considered and then graphical analysis is done. Based on the graphical analysis it would be easy to do future research and development in this sector.
- Arocena R. and Sutz J. (2000)., Looking at National Systems of Innovation from the South., Industry & Innovation, 7(1), 55-75.
- Fagerberg Jan, Mowery David C. and Nelson Richard R. (2005)., The Oxford Handbook of Innovation., Oxford Handbooks - Oxford University Press.
- Freeman C. (1995)., The National System of Innovation in historical perspective., Cambridge Journal of Economics, 19, 5-24.
- Cooke P., Uranga M.G. and Etxebarria G. (1997)., Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions., Research Policy, 26(4-5), 475-491.
- Malerba F. (2002)., Sectoral systems of innovation and production., Research Policy, 31(2), 247-264.
- Bergek A., Jacobsson S., Carlsson B., Lindmark S. and Rickne A. (2008)., Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis., Research Policy, 37(3), 407-429.
- Twomey P. and Gaziulusoy I.A. (2014)., Review of System Innovation and Transitions Theories Concepts and frameworks for understanding and enabling transitions to a low carbon built environment., Working paper for Visions & Pathways project.
- Christopher Freeman (1987)., Technology Policy and Economic Performance: Lessons from Japan., Frances Pinter, London.
- Lundvall B-Å. (1992)., National Systems of Innovation: Towards a theory of Innovation and Interactive Learning., Printer, London.
- Nelson R.R. (1993)., National Systems of Innovations: A Comparative Analysis., OUP. Oxford.
- Muchie M. (2008)., Evolutionary Economic Theory and the National Innovation System Perspective for an Integrated African National Structural Transformation, Lecture 20., 1-31. https://smartech.gatech.edu/ bitstream/ handle/1853/44146/GA2008%20Lecture%2019.pdf.01/12/2016.
- Patel P. and Pavitt K. (1994)., The Nature and Economic Importance of National Innovation Systems., STI Review, OECD, Paris, 14, 9-32.
- IBEF (2016)., Consumer Durables., Electronics. https://www.ibef.org/download/Consumer-Durables-January-2016.pdf. 01/12/2016
- IBEF (2016)., Electronics., https://www.ibef.org/ download/Electronics-September-2016.pdf.01/12/2016.
- IBEF (2016)., Innovation & Patents., https:// www.ibef.org/download/Innovation-and-Patents-November-20161.pdf. 01/12/2016.
- EY and FICCI (2015)., Study on Indian electronics and consumer durables segment (AC, refrigerators, washing machines, TVs).
- National Policy on Electronics (2012)., DST. Government of India.,
- Dhoot P.N. (2012)., Electronic Industry in India., President, Videocon Group. iesaonline.org/microsites/ visionsumit/12/Presentation/VS2012_PNDhoot.pdf.