A case study on International Cricketer Irfan Pathan
- 1Shri C.P. Degree College of Phy.Edu, Rajpipla, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 17-22, August,2 (2017)
“Every art”, said Aristotle in his famous exordium “is thought to aim at some good.” The purpose of education one say is to form character; another, to prepare for complete living; third to produce a sound mind in a sound body. The purpose of the present study was to highlight the achievements of International Cricketer Irfan Pathan. Secondly, to find out the qualities in him that made him make a mark at the International Arena and to find out how he is as a person. The problem therefore was stated ‘A Case Study on International cricketer Irfan Pathan’. A careful and planned study was designed wherein historical, biographical, analytical and interpretive methods were employed to systematically pursue the objective. Data/Information for this study was derived from the primary and secondary sources. To get the first hand information, the investigator visited the school where he studied, the club from where he started learning cricket as a child, his ancestral house where he spent most of his childhood. The investigator personally contacted Irfan Pathan and conducted interview. Almost all his family members were personally interviewed by the Investigator. The researcher also personally contacted his childhood coach, friends, relatives, umpires, trainers, etc. Various pictorial records of Irfan Pathan were investigated. Some of the photographs relevant to different occasions were chosen as documents for the study. Published materials of Irfan Pathan such as books, pamphlets, newspapers etc were studied and information was retained as documents for the study. Data/Information collected through primary and secondary sources were analyzed qualitatively through external and internal criticism. Quantitative analysis was also employed to the data collected by using opinion rating questionnaire for statistical inferences.
- Gangopadhyay S.R. (2002)., Physical Education Today and Tomorrow., Friends Publications, New Delhi, 21-22.
- Sharma Anil (2012)., Dimensions of Physical Education (Khel Sahitya Kendra, New Delhi 2012).,
- M.L. Kamlesh (1997)., Foundations of Physical Education., (Metropolitan Book Co.Pvt.Ltd, 1997).
- Uppal A.k. and Gautam G.P. (2000)., Physical Education and Health., Friends Publications, New Delhi, India, 161.
- Dheer S. and Kamal Radhika (1991)., Organisation and Administration of Physical Education., (Friends Publication, New Delhi, India. 1991), 121-122.
- Wuest and Butcher (1992)., Foundations of Physical Education and Sport., 11th Edition, (B.I.Publications Pvt.Ltd. 1992.), 176.
- Piercey Nunn (1994)., Principles of Education., (Discovery Publishing House, 1994), 01.
- BBC (2014)., Venezuela seizes key Opposition Leaders, http://m.bbc.com retrieved on 27th September 2014
- Indian Child (2015)., How to start Play school in india- What is the procedure, http://www.indianchild.com/ sports_in_india. Retrieved on 14th Oct, 2014.
- Srivastava Prakash G.N. (1994)., Advanced Research Methodology., Radha Publications, New Delhi, India, 112.
- M.L. Kamlesh (1994)., Methodology of Research in Physical Education and Sport., IInd Edition, Metropolitan Publications, New Delhi, India, 124-125.