The generalized fuzzy demand and supply transportation problem
- 1Department of Mathematics, J.V. Jain College, Saharanpur-247001, UP, India
- 2Department of Mathematics, J.V. Jain College, Saharanpur-247001, UP, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 12-16, August,2 (2017)
The present paper deals with the transportation problem with uncertainty in demand and supply of items. In the previous years these types of problems have been discussed and presented a lot of algorithm to solve such type of problem in deterministic and stochastic environment. But only a limited number of authors have discussed the uncertainty in demand and supply. As practically we see that if there is a variation in demand and supply the cost of the item and transportation cost can be very as the transported vehicle capacity. If there is a variation in the capacity and supply of a vehicle then the cost of the transportation can effect. Here we will discuss such type of problem and make an algorithm to solve such situation. The LR-type fuzzy numbers are used to represent uncertainty in demand, supply and capacity of vehicle.
- Chanas Stefan, Kołodziejczyk Waldemar and Machaj Anna (1984)., A fuzzy approach to the transportation problem., Fuzzy Sets and Systems and systems, 13(3), 211-221.
- Chanas Stefan and Kuchta Dorota (1998)., Fuzzy integer transportation problem., Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 98(3), 291-298.
- Ferguson A.R. and Dantzig G.B. (1956)., The allocation of aircraft to routes – An example of linear programming under uncertain demand., Mgmt. Sci, 3, 45-73.
- Bit A.K. (2005)., Fuzzy programming with hyperbolic functions for multi objective capacitated transportation problem., OPSEARCH Society of India, 42(3), 106-120.
- Dubois D. (1980)., Fuzzy sets and systems Theory and applications., Academic Press, New York, 144.
- Balas E. and Ivanescu P.L. (1964)., On the generalized transportation problem., Mgmt. Sci., 11, 188-202.
- Zadeh L. and Bellman R. (1970)., Decision-making in a fuzzy environment., Mgmt. Sci., 17(4), 141-164.
- Saad Omar M. (2005)., On the Integer solutions of the Generalized Transportation problem under Fuzzy Environment., OPSEARCH, Society of India, 42(3), 238-250.