Online shopping among younger generation
- 1Department of Family and Community Resource Management, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- 2Department of Family and Community Resource Management, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- 3Department of Family and Community Resource Management, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 6-11, August,2 (2017)
Online shopping is an activity of buying goods or services over the internet. The process of searching for and purchasing goods and services over the Internet through the use of a web browser is referred to as online shopping. The research design of the present study was descriptive in nature. The unit of enquiry were youth, 40 in number. The sample were selected through convenience sampling residing in New Delhi. Questionnaire was used as a toll for collecting data by the researcher. The questionnaire concerned information on the age, educational qualification mode of payment, frequency of purchases and influencing factors for online shopping. The data was analyzed using descriptive statistics (frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation). The study concluded that there is a sudden increase and a hype regarding online shopping. As the busy life trend is increasing so is the trend of buying online is increasing in a positive manner.
- Online Shopping (2017)., Computer Hope., Online Shopping, http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/o/online-shopping.htm, 1.April,2017
- Ebay (2017)., Advantages of Online Shopping and its Disadvantages., http://www.ebay.com/gds/Advantages-of-Online-Shopping-and-its-Disadvantages-/10000000177896151/g.html, 1.April, 2017
- Kumari Sobha M. (2015)., Online shopping behavior among higher education students with special reference to Palakkad, Kerala, India., International Journal of Advanced Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, 1(5).
- Choudhury D. and Dey A. (2014)., Online Shopping Attitude among the Youth: A study on University Students., International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Development Studies (IJEDS), 2(1), 23-32.
- Murad K. and Salleh S.M. (2014)., Confession of an Online Shopaholic: Teenage Youths’ Purchasing Behavior towards Online Retailing Preferences., International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, 4(1), 35-39. 10.7763/IJSSH.2014.V4.314.
- Sharma S. and Sitlani M. (2013)., Online Shopping among Higher Education Students in Indore: A Factor Analysis Approach., Indian Journal of Marketing, 43(1), 44-53.
- Badra S. and Sharma V. (2015)., Changing Face of Indian Shopping Experience-Role of Youth and Technology International., Journal of Science, Technology & Management, 4(1), 323-330.
- Mathew B. (2015)., A Study on Changing Trends in Online Shopping of Indian Consumers in Apparel Segment., International Journal of Applied Research, 1(9), 207-214.
- Varma I.G. and Agarwal R. (2014)., Online Buying Behaviour of Homemakers in Western Suburbs of Mumbai and Social Media Influence., IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 16(8), 42-65.
- Gupta S. and Bansal E. (2016)., Consumer Orientation Towards Online Buying Via Social Media Platforms., International Research of Scientific Research and Education, 4(1), 4862-4875.