Dielectric and mechanical properties of TGS-KDP mixed crystals
- 1Department of Physics, Sree Siddaganga College for Women, Tumkur, Karnataka, India
- 2Department of Physics, Sree Siddaganga College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Tumkur, Karnataka, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 1-5, August,2 (2017)
The high purity Analytical Reagent (AR) grade Glycine (CH2NH2COOH) and concentrated Sulphuric acid (H2SO4) were taken in the molar ratio 3:1 for the synthesis of Triglycine sulphate (TGS) respectively. The synthesized pure TGS is mixed with KDP in the molar ratio (9:1), (8:2), (7:3) and by slow evaporation technique the crystals were grown at room temperature. The Dielectric studies were performed using a LCR meter for the grown crystals. The presence of space charge polarization is confirmed by Dielectric studies. Vickers micro hardness measurement of the grown crystals reveals that hardness increases with load. The log p versus log d were plotted and work hardening co-efficient or Meyer indices (n) is determined. The functional groups are identified by Raman analysis.
- Banan M., Lal R.B., Batra A.K. (1992) Modified triglycine sulphate (TGS) single crystals for pyroelectric infrared detector applications., Journal of materials science, 27(9), 2291-2297., undefined
- Meera K., Muralidharan R., Santhanaraghavan P., Gopalakrishnan R. and Ramasamy P. (2001)., Growth and characterisation of l-cystine doped TGS crystals., Journal of Crystal Growth, 226(2), 303-312.
- Arunmozhi G., Lanceros-MeŽndez S., Matos Gomes E. de (2002), Materials Letters, 54, 29-336., undefined, undefined
- Jeyaprakash Manoharan A.J., Joseph John N., Revathi V., Rajendran K.V. and Andavan P.M. (2011)., Effect of amino acid doping on the dielectric properties of triglycine sulphate (TGS) crystals., Indian Journal of Scienceand Technology, 4(6), 688-691.
- R. Priya, G. Bhagavannarayana, S. Krishnan and S. Jerome Das (2010), Archives of Applied Science Research, 2(4), 111-118., undefined, undefined
- S.Suresh, A. Ramanand, P. Mani and K. Anand (2010)., Dielectric characteristion of Benzoyl Glycine crystals., Archives of Applied Science Research, 2 (4), 119-127.
- P. Rajesh, P. Ramasamy, K. Kumar, G. Bhagavannarayana (2010)., Effect of cobalt and DL-malic acid on the growth rate, crystalline perfection, optical, mechanical, dielectric, piezoelectric properties and SHG efficiency of ADP single crystals., Physica B, 405(10), 2401-2406.
- Vijayan N., Bhagavannarayana G., Babu Ramesh R., Krishnan Gopala R., Maurya K.K. and Ramasamy P. (2006)., A comparative study on solution-and bridgman-grown single crystals of benzimidazole by high-resolution X-ray diffractometry, fourier transform infrared, microhardness, laser damage threshold, and second-harmonic generation measurements, Cryst.Growth Des., 6(6), 1542-1546.
- K. Karan and Gupta S.P. (2005)., Master.Sci.Eng., A398, 198, (2005)., undefined