Technological needs of farm women in post-harvest practices of kinnow (Citrus Deliciosa)
- 1Dept. of Home Science Extension and Communication Management, College of Home Science, MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan-313001, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 35-37, June,2 (2017)
The present study was carried out in Sri Ganganagar district of Rajasthan to find out technological needs of farm women in post-harvest practices of kinnow. Two panchayat samities Sri Ganganagar and Sri Karanpur were selected purposively. Two villages from each panchayat samiti were selected on the basis of highest production of kinnow. The total sample consisted of 100 farm women selected from four villages of selected panchayat samities. Personal interview technique was used for data collection Frequency, percentage and mean per cent scores were used for analysis of data. The findings revealed that respondents had poor knowledge and adoption in post-harvest practices of kinnow with over all mean per cent score of 28.69 and 28.80. The over- all gap in knowledge and adoption of post-harvest practices was found high. Wide knowledge gap was existed in storage (78.5%), marketing (76.84%), grading (65%), packaging (59.08%). Similarly high adoption gap was observed in the components viz-waxing (100%), processing (100%), transportation (91%).
- Anonymous (2014)., Horticulture database 2014, National Horticulture Board, Gurgoan., Cited from http://apeda.gov.in/apedawebsite/six_head_product/FFV.htm. Retrieved on April 3rd, 2017.
- Bijay Kumar (2017)., Indian Horticulture Database-2011., Cited from http://nhb.gov.in/area-pro/database-2011.pdf. Retrieved on March 15th, 2017
- National Horticulture Database (2009)., National Horticulture Board, Database-2009., 4. Website: www.nhb.gov.in
- Bachmann J. and Earles R. (2000)., Post harvest Handling of Fruits and Vegetables., ATTRA Horticulture Technical Note, 19. http://www.attra.ncat.org.
- Anonymous (2005)., Integrated Quality Horticultural Development Project., Department of Agricultural Extension, Khamarbari, Framgate, Dhaka.
- Dubey N. (2013)., Technological needs of farm womenin cultivation and Post-Harvest Practices of Ber (Ziziphus mauriana) in Bharatpur District (Rajasthan)., An Unpublished M.Sc. thesis submitted to Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur.