A review of synthesis of Nickel Oxide by different routes and its Photocatalytic and Microbial study
- 1Dept of Chemistry, Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Miramar, Goa, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (11), Pages 16-22, November,2 (2017)
NiO nanoparticles are synthesised by co-precipitation, nanocomposite and precursor routes. The co-precipitation method have resulted in maximum yield. The synthesised nanoparticles were charecterised by x-ray diffraction, SEM methods. The crystallite size obtained from XRD using Debye Scherrer formula is found to be in nano range from all 3 methods. The precursor method has resulted in smallest nanoparticles of 12nm.The SEM image shows formation of tetragonal grains by co-precipitation method, nanocomposites have formed spherical clusters and agglomerates by precursor method. The synthesised NiO nanoparticles have found to be an efficient photocatalyst for degradation of methylene blue and have found to have antimicrobial properties.
- Fasaki I., Koutoulaki A., Kompitsas M. and Charitidis C. (2010)., Structural ,electrical and Mechanical properties of NiO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition., Applied Surface Science, 257, 429-433.
- Markwinter https://www.webelements.com/compounds/Nickel/Nickel_oxide.html 03/10/17., undefined, undefined
- Taghizadeh Fardin (2016)., The study of Structural and Magnetic properties of NiO nanoparticles., Optics and Photonics Journal, 6, 164-169.
- Taghizadeh Fardin (2016)., The study of Structural and magnetic properties of NiO., Scientific research, 6, No8B 164-169.
- Tajiri Takayuki, Saisho Seiya, Mito Masaki, Deguchi Hiroyuki, Kohno Atushi (2014)., Particle size and distortion effects on NiO nanoparticles embedded in one-dimensional pores of mesoporous silica., Photon activity report
- El-kemar M., Naggy N. and El-Mehasseb I. (2013)., Nickeloxide nanoparticles: Synthesis and spectral studies of interactions with glucose., Materials Sience in semiconductor processing, 16(6), 1747-1752.
- Tajiri Takayuki, Saisho Seiya, Mito Masaki, Deguchi Hiroyuki and Kohno Atushi (2015)., Size dependence of Crystal Structure and Magnetic properties of NiO Nanoparticles in Mesoporous Silica., The Journal of Physical Chemistry, 119(2), 1194-1200.
- Mehra Meethi and Sharma T.R. (2012)., Photocatalytic degradation of two commercial dyes in aqeous phase using photocatalyst TiO2., Advances in Applied Research, 3(2), 849-853.
- Devi L.G., Raju K.A. and Kumar S.G. (2009)., Photodegradation of methyl red by advanced and homogeneous Photo Fenton,s process. A comparative study and kinetic approach., Journal of Environmental Monitoring, 11(7), 1397-1404.
- Hameed Abdul, Gombac Valentina, Tiziano Montini, Graziani Mauro and siero PauloForna (2009)., Synthesis Charecterisation and Photocatalytic activity of NiO-Bi2O3 nanocomposites., Chemical Physics Letters, 472, 212-216.
- Hameed A. and Gondal M.A. (2004)., Laser Induced Photocatalytic Generation of Hydrogen & Oxygen over NiO & TiO2., J Mol. Catal. A-Chem, 219, 109-119.