Analysis of a catalytic converter for pollution prevention from compression ignition engine based automobiles
- 1Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Near Nandanvan, Raipur, CG, India
- 2Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Near Nandanvan, Raipur, CG, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (10), Pages 17-19, October,2 (2017)
Atmospheric pollution originating from Compression Ignition engine automobiles has emerged as a serious threat to one and all on this earth. Every year, the number of Compression Ignition engine automobiles is on the rise. So, there is an urgent need for combating the pollution from these vehicles. Two types of methods can be used for this purpose: One is based on pre-pollution control and the other is based on post pollution control using a device called catalytic converter. The present research paper is completely based on the detail analysis of a catalytic converter and its utility in controlling the pollution by effective reduction of the released exhaust emissions from automobiles. It paves the way the way for designing a suitable catalytic converter as per the given requirements which will effectively reduce the exhaust emissions level emitted to the atmosphere.
- Gilmour P., Ziesenis A., Morrison E., Vickers M., Drost E. and Ford I. (2004)., Pulmonary and Systemic Effects of Short Term Inhalation Exposure to Ultrafine Carbon Black Particles., Toxicological Applications Pharmacology, 195, 35-44.
- Twigg M.V. (2006)., Roles of Catalytic Oxidation in Control of Vehicle Exhaust Emissions., Catalysis Today, 117(4), 407-418.
- Fazeli F. and Shahram F. (2013)., Application of gold nano-particles as a catalyst for automotive pollution control., Engineering Research Journal, 1(2), 23-35.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N.K. (2013)., Behavioral Modeling and Simulation with Experimental Analysis of a Two Stroke Engine Using Nanosized Copper Coated Catalytic Converter., International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 59, 97-112.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N. (2012)., Reduction of Pollutant Emission from Two-wheeler Automobiles using Nano-particle as a Catalyst., Research Journal of Engineering Sciences, 1 (3), 32-37.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2015)., Pollution Prevention from Diesel Engine based Automobiles using Nano-Particles., International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 371-373. ISSN 2278 -0181.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2015)., Methods of Pollution Control using Nano-Particles., International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, 215-217. ISSN 2249 -8974.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N.K. (2013)., Comparative Analysis for Reduction of Exhaust Emissions for Two Stroke and Four Stroke Spark Ignition Engine with Improved Design for Implementation., International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 4(9), 2436-2446.
- Thakur M. and Saikhedkar N.K. (2013)., Experimental Analysis and Modeling of Four Stroke Engine with Nano-sized Copper Coated Catalytic Converter., International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 4(12), 1329-1341.
- Kishore K. and Krishna M. (2008)., Performance of Copper Coated Spark Ignition Engine with Methanol Bended Gasoline with Catalytic Converter., Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 67, 543-548.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2016)., Analysis based on atomic activity of nano-particles for Exhaust Emissions Reduction from Automobiles using Nano-coated Catalytic Converter., International Journal of Science & Research, 493-495.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2016)., Post Pollution Control Method for C.I. Engine Automobiles using Nano-coated Catalytic Converter., Research Journal of Engineering Sciences, 5(3), 14-16.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2016)., An Innovative Approach for Control of Exhaust Emissions from C.I. Engine based Automobiles using Nano-particles as a catalyst., Rungta International Journal, 1(1), 10-13.
- Deepak S.S.K. and Thakur M. (2017)., Comparative Analysis of Different Catalysts used in Catalytic Converters for C.I. Engine based Automobiles., Research Journal of Engineering Sciences, 6(1), 1-4.
- Rams James (2004)., Catalytic converter., https:// the catalyticconverter.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/catalytic-converter/, 31/10/2014.