Antibacterial screening of novel Mannich bases of 5H-dibenzo [b,f]azepine-5-corboxamide
- 1School of Chemical Sciences, Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Khandwa Road, Indore-452001, Madhya Pradesh, India
- 2School of Chemical Sciences, Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Khandwa Road, Indore-452001, Madhya Pradesh, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (10), Pages 10-13, October,2 (2017)
Current work involves antibacterial screening of Mannich bases of 5H-dibenzo[b,f]azepine-5-carboxamide. A series of Mannich bases of 5H-dibenzo[b,f]azepine-5-carboxamide (4a-4j) were synthesized via Mannich reaction of 5H-dibenzo[b,f]azepine-5-carboxamide with primary/secondary amines and formaldehyde. After characterization of Mannich bases by spectroscopic techniques i.e. UV, IR, 1H NMR and 13C NMR, compounds of series (4a-4j) were screened against pathogen K. pneumoniae. Sulfonamides that used as primary amine during synthesis of mannich bases were also screened against pathogen K. pneumonia and results obtained were compared with synthesized mannich bases. Antibacterial activities of synthesized Mannich bases and sulfonamides have been determined in term of ‘zone of inhibition’. Result obtained shows some of newly synthesized Mannich bases have potent antibacterial activity against pathogen K. pneumoniae.
- Mannich C. and Krösche W. (1912)., Ueber ein Kondensationsprodukt aus Formaldehyd, Ammoniak und Antipyrin., Arch. Pharm. Pharm. Med. Chem., 250, 647-667.
- Shridhar S.K., Saravanan M. and Ramesh A. (2001)., Synthesis and antibacterial screening of hydrazones, Schiff and Mannich bases of isatin derivatives., Eur. J. Med. Chem., 36(7), 615-625.
- Shivananda M.K. and shet P.P. (2011)., Antifungal activity studies of some mannich bases carrying nitrofuran moiety)., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 3(2), 303-307.
- Pandeya N.S. and Rajput N. (2012)., Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of various Mannich and Schiff Bases of 1,5-Benzodiazepines., International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Article ID237965: 10 pages.
- Malhotra M., Arora M., Samad A., Sahu K., Phogat P. and Deep A. (2012)., New oxadiazole derivatives of isonicotinohydrazide in the search for antimicrobial agents: Synthesis and in vitro evaluation., Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 77(1), 9-16.
- Sivakumar K.K., Rajasekaran A., Senthilkumar P. and Wattamwar P.P. (2014)., Conventional and microwave assisted synthesis of pyrazolone Mannich bases possessing anti-inflammatory, analgesic, ulcerogenic effect and antimicrobial properties., Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 24(13), 2940-2944.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, MEDICATION GUIDE TEGRETOL® and TEGRETOL®-XR (Teg-ret-ol). https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_ docs/ label/2009/016608s101,018281s048lbl.pdf/14/09/2017., undefined, undefined
- Joshi S., Manikpuri A. and Tiwari P. (2006)., Synthesis and biological study of medicinally important Mannich bases derived from 4-(dimethylamino)-1,4,4a,5,5a,6, 11,12a-octahydro 3,6,10,12,12a pentahydroxy naphthacene carboxamide)., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett, 17(3), 645-648.
- Joshi S., Bilgaiyan P., Manikpuri A.D., Pathak A. and Vyas K. (2010)., Synthesis, characterization and Antibacterial Screening of aminomethylated derivatives of 7-azaspiro [4.5] decane-6, 8-dione., Der pharma chemical., 2(3), 122-129.
- Joshi S., Bilgaiyan P., Manikpuri A.D., Vyas K. and Pathak A. (2010)., Synthesis spectral studies and antimicrobial study of aminomethylated derivatives of 7-azaspiro [4.5] decane 6-8 dione., Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 1, 23.
- Joshi S. and Vyas K. (2017)., Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and antibacterial screening of medicinally important Mannich bases derived from5H-dibenzo[b,f] azepine-5-corboxamide., Kaav International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, 4(3), A10, 55-61.
- Joshi S. and Vyas K. (2017)., Antibacterial screening of newly synthesized Mannich bases derived from5H-dibenzo[b,f] azepine-5-corboxamide against gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens., World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 6(9), 912-923.
- Ingraham John L. and Ingraham Catherine A. (2004)., Introduction to Microbiology: A Case-History Approach., Brooks/Cole, USA, 3rd Edition.