Study of vehicular noise Level in Udgir at different locations, Maharashtra, India
- 1Department of Environmental Science, Maharashtra Udaygiri Mahavidyalaya, Udgir Dist. Latur Maharashtra, India
- 2Department of Environmental Science, Maharashtra Udaygiri Mahavidyalaya, Udgir Dist. Latur Maharashtra, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 6, Issue (1), Pages 22-24, January,2 (2017)
Noise is that which disrupts daily routine and quality of life. Noise level when more than permissible level in environment then it is called noise pollution. When sound disturbs sleeping, working and conservation becomes undesirable. As noise cannot be seen, tasted and smell. It is underrated environmental problem. One of the most common pollutants is community or environmental noise. As per WHO it is emitted from all sources except industrial workplace noise. In community noise air traffic, road, rail and construction, public work with neighborhood (WHO-1999). The study emphasize on noise levels and its impact on Udgir. The main cause of headache, dizziness and high blood pressure are due to high level of noise. In this view the investigation had been made on four sites viz.. Shivaji Chowk, Methodist School, Captain K Chowk and Nanded Naka. In this study it is found that noise levels are more than permissible standards at Shivaji Chowk Methodist school, and Captain K Chowk . The db levels at Nanded Naka is at alarming levels of 55 to 60db.All other locations are having higher db levels.
- Alam J.B., Jobair. J. Rahman M.M., Dikshit A.K. and Khan S.K. (2006)., Study on traffic noise level of sylhet by multiple regression analysis associated with health hazards‖, Iran., J .Environ. Health. Sci.Eng., 3(2), 71-78.
- Baaj M.H., El-Fadel. M., Shazbak S.M. and Saliby E. Odeling (2001)., Modeling noise at elevated highways in urban areas: a practical application., Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 127(4), 169-180.
- Singh Davinder and Kaur Amandeep (2013)., Study of Traffic Noise Pollution at different location in Jalandhar City, Punjab, India., International Journal of Environmental Sciences and Research, 2(2), 135-139.
- Gangwar K.K., Joshi B.D. and Swami A. (2006)., Noise pollution at Four Selected intersection in commercial areas of Bareilly Metropolitan City, UP., Him. J.Env & Zoology, 20(1), 75-77.
- Lercher P. (1996)., Environmental Noise and Health: an integrated research perspective., Environmental International, 22, 117-129.
- Li B., Taoa S., Dawsona. R.W., Caoa. J. and Lamb. K.A. (2002)., GIS based road traffic noise prediction model., Applied Acoustics, 63, 679-691.
- Morell S. Tyler R. and Lyle D. (1997)., a review of health effects of Aircraft Noise., Australian and New Zeeland Journal of Public Health, 21, 221-236.
- VK Murthy, AK Majumder, SN Khanal (2007)., Assessment of traffic noise pollution in Banepa, a semi urban town of Nepal, Kathmandu university., Journal of science, engineering and technology, 1, 1-9.
- Pathak V., Tripathi B.D. and Mishra V.K. (2008)., Evaluation of traffic Noise pollution and attitudes of exposed individuals in working place., Atmospheric environment, 42(16), 3892-3898.
- Hunashala Rajiv B. and Patil Yogesh B. (2012)., Assessment of noise pollution indices in the city of Kolhapur, India., Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 37, 448-457.
- Williams I.D. and MCcrae I.S. (1995)., Road Traffic Nuisance in residential and Commercial area., Science Total Environment, 169, 75-82.