Traffic road sign Detection and Recognition using Geometric shapes and Background color: Laying a foundation to use Augmented Reality (A.R.) in Autonomous vehicle Navigation and Decision making
- 1Computer Applications, Lovely Faculty of Technology and Sciences, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
- 2Computer Science and Engineering, Lovely Faculty of Technology and Sciences, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
- 3Bio-Informatics, Lovely Faculty of Technology and Sciences, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (ISC-2015), Pages 17-20, -----Select----,2 (2016)
The world is growing at a fast pace and research is widespread in each and every area. One Such Field is Automotive Industry. There are many Techniques which are currently being utilized for Navigation and Road Safety. Here in this paper, we have proposed a methodology with Augmented Reality as a new bee technique which acts as a navigation aid in autonomous vehicles. Automatic detection of traffic signs plays a vital role in navigation. This paper proposes a system in which the automatic recognition of traffic signs can be done by extracting the geometric features of a particular sign. The input image of the traffic sign from the camera is used to categorize the shape of the sign, and then on the basis of background color along with the properties of geometric shapes present, the sign is recognized. A simple yet definitive and optimized algorithm in which geometric shape based, color based recognition and image identification techniques together with Augmented Reality has been employed.
- Solanki D.S. and Dixit G. (2015)., Traffic Sign DetectionUsing Feature Based Method, . International Journal ofAdvanced Research in Computer Science and Softwareengineering, 5(2), 340-346.
- Shah D.M. and Sinha P.D. (2014)., Traffic Sign Detectionand Recognition System using Translation of Images, .IJARCSSE, 4(10), 433-435.
- Shah D.M. and Sinha P.D. (2013)., Color Detection inReal Time Traffic Sign Detection and RecognitionSystem, . IJAR, 3(7), 152-153
- Gonzalez A., Bergasa L.M. and Yebes J.J. (2014)., Textdetection and recognition on traffic panels from streetlevelimagery using visual appearance, . IntelligentTransportation Systems, IEEE Transactions, 15(1), 228-238.
- Kaur H. and Kaur M. (2013)., A Modified Method forRoad Sign Detection and Recognition, . IJERA, 3(2),1027-1031.
- Greenhalgh J. and Mirmehdi M. (2012)., Real-timedetection and recognition of road traffic signs. IntelligentTransportation Systems, IEEE Transactions, 13(4), 1498-1506.
- Møgelmose A., Trivedi M.M. and Moeslund T.B.(2012)., Vision-based traffic sign detection and analysis forintelligent driver assistance systems: Perspectives andsurvey, . Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEETransaction, 13(4), 1484-1497.
- Tagunde G.A., Uke, N.J. and Banchhor C. (2012)., Detection, classification and recognition of road trafficsigns using color and shape Features, . Int. J. Adv.Technol. Eng. Res, 2(4), 202-206.
- Wu W., Blaicher F., Yang J., Seder T. and Cui D. (2009)., A prototype of landmark-based car navigation using afull-windshield head-up display system, . In Proceedingsof the 2009 workshop on Ambient media computing, 21-28.
- Narzt W., Pomberger G., Ferscha A., Kolb D., Müller R.,Wieghardt J., Hörtner H. and Lindinger C. (2004)., A newvisualization concept for navigation systems. In User-Centered Interaction Paradigms for Universal Access inthe Information Society, 440-451.