Public Awareness and Attitude about IoT and its Impact
- 1Department of Computing, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, 22-E Block-6 P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, 75400 Sindh, Pakistan
- 2Department of Computing, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, 22-E Block-6 P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, 75400 Sindh, Pakistan
- 3Department of Computing, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, 22-E Block-6 P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, 75400 Sindh, Pakistan
- 4Department of Computing, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, 22-E Block-6 P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, 75400 Sindh, Pakistan
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 31-38, August,2 (2016)
Internet of Things circles around connecting everyday devices each other via the Internet. With the passage of time, Internet of Things has grown, and is continuously growing. With this it has become a necessity of each individualís life. Little they are aware of the term itself, especially people in Pakistan. This research highlights how IoT is controlling everyone in some way or the other, but most of the Pakistanis have no recognition of using IoT in their devices while foreign users do. It also talks about security, a major challenge for the technology. The study analyzes a purpose built survey that compares local and foreign users on the awareness level and attitude with regards to IoT itself. The results conclude that most of the local participants are somehow using IoT technology but did not know that these are part of IoT. The survey also proves how all the users are dependent on IoT and would prefer using advanced form of IoT in future. All the participants, be they local or foreign, would like to have IoT in their lives if the issue of security is eliminated.
- Morgan J. (2013)., A Simple Explanation of, http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobmorgan/2014/05 /13/simple-explanation-internet-things-that-anyone-can-understand/. Retrieved June 08, 2016.
- Rouse M. (2014)., What is Internet of Things (IoT)?., Definition from WhatIs.comhttp://internetofthingsagenda. techtarget.com/definition/Internet-of-Things-IoT. Retrieved June 08, 2016.
- Burrus D. (2015)., The Internet of Things is Far Bigger than Anyone Realizes., http://www.theinternetof things.eu/ daniel-burrus-internet-things-far-bigger-anyone-realizes-0. Retrieved June 08, 2016.
- Bauer H., Patel M. and Veira J. (2015)., Internet of Things: Opportunities and challenges for semiconductorcompanies., http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/semiconductors/our-insights/internet-of-things-opportunities-and-challenges-for-semiconductor-companies. Retrieved June 08, 2016.
- Skarmeta A. F., Hernandez-Ramos J. L. and Moreno M. V. (2014)., A decentralized approach for security and privacy challenges in the Internet of Things., IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT). doi:10.1109/wf-iot.2014.6803122.
- Jones I. P. (2015)., IoT Security & Privacy: Reducing Vulnerabilities., http://networkcomputing.com/internet-thing s/iot-security-privacy-reducing-vulnerabilities/807681 850. Retrieved June 08, 2016.
- Samani R. (2014)., 3 key security challenges for the Internet of Things., https://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/3-key-security-challenges-internet-things-2/, Retrieved June 08, 2016.