A Study on Usage of ICT in Arts and Science College Libraries
- 1Periyar University, Salem, and Librarian, Vellalar College of Education for Women,Thindal, Erode – (Dt), Tamil nadu, India
- 2College Librarian (S.G), Salem Sowdeswari College (Aided), Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 47-49, July,2 (2016)
This paper analysed the facilities information products and services of ICT implemented in the Arts and Science College Libraries. The study focuses on the gender & age wise usage of ICT Media. The study aimed at finding of the usage of ICT by the faculties in Arts and Science Colleges of Erode. For this purpose a survey method was carried out using the stratified random sampling techniques. Nearly 210 questionnaires were distributed among the faculty members in Erode. The respodents were 200 (95%. The findings indicated the mostly used ICT Media is Mobile Phone by 166 (83%) of Internet and E-Mail 160 (80%). The results of the study show that majority ICT.
- Dhanavandan S., Mohammed Esmail S. and Mani V. (2008)., A Study of the Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Tools by Librarians., Library Philosophy and Practice (e – Journal), Paper 200.
- Hema R., Nagarajan M. and Vanathi B. (2013)., A Study on Use of ICT based Resources and Services by the Faculty Members., Research Scholars, and PG Students of Arts and Science Colleges in Union Territory of Puducherry., Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 2 (1), 1-6.
- Krubu, Dorcas Ejemeh and Osawaru, Kingsley Efe. (2011)., The Impact of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Nigerian University Libraries., Library Philosophy and Practice – Electronic Journal, Paper 515.
- Paulson C. (2013)., ICT in Arts and Science College Libraries., International Journal of Science and Research, 4(1), 40-50.
- Ratta P. (2013)., ICT Usage in Government Engineering College Libraries in Punjab: A case study., 3(3), 167-170.
- Saleem A., Shabana Tabusum S.Z. and Sadik Batcha M. (2013)., Application and Uses of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries: An Overview., International Journal of Library Science, 2(3), 49-52.
- Senthur Velmurugan V. and Amudha G. (2014)., Use of ICT Based Resources and Services among the users of Arts and Science Colleges in Virudhunagar District: A Study., International Research: Journal of Library and Information Science, 4(4).