A Study on Family Status of Selected Street Children
- 1Dept. of History, Vellalar College of Education for Women, Maruthi Nagar, Thindal Erode-638 012, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Dept. of History, Vellalar College of Education for Women, Maruthi Nagar, Thindal Erode-638 012, Tamil Nadu, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 27-30, July,2 (2016)
Many children are escaped from the home because of poor family background. Then the main reason for the children to run away from home is the existing socio Psychological environment within the family. Street children are the products of broken Families are those in which there are continuous conflicts between the husband and wife. The sample comprised 100 street children (75 boy’s and 25 girls) in the age group of 10 to 15 years. The researcher chosen the sample was selected through random sampling from the commercial zones, railway platforms, bus stands and Rein Basera established by state government for destitute children of Patna, Capital of Bihar. An interview schedule was developed by the investigator to collect information regarding family status of the street children. Percentage analysis was used in this study.
- Shrivastava A.K. (1995)., India’s street children., New Delhi, Final Report, 10.
- Aptekar I. (1994)., Street Children in the Developing world; a Review of their Condition., International Social Work, cross research, 28, 3, 205 – 206.
- Raghu P. and Prasad B.D. (1995)., Children without roots: a study of street children in Visakhapatnam city., Monthly opinion Survey, 40, 9, 22.
- Subramanyam Y.S. and Sondhi P. (1990)., Child porters: Psychological profile of street children., International Journal of Social Work, 10, 1, 15.
- HUDCO (1994)., Housing and Urban Development Corporation., HUDCO, A Govt. of India Enterprise, New Delhi,136.