Synthesis, Chemical Stability and Comparative Anti-Hypertensive Activity of Indolizine Derivatives of Propranolol
- 1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Sri Indu Institute of Pharmacy, Sheriguda, Ibrahimpatnam, Telangana, India
- 2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Acharya and B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- 3Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Acharya and B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- 4Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Acharya and B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 34-39, June,2 (2016)
Prodrugs are chemically modified versions of a pharmacologically active agent, which undergo transformation in vivo to release the active drug. Prodrugs of Propranolol have been designed with an aim to achieve improved therapeutic and biopharmaceutical properties and also to reduce the extent of first pass metabolism. All the synthesized derivatives 9a-cwere subjected to drug release study and further evaluated for in vivo anti-hypertensive activity using fructose induced noninvasive tail cuff method. Among all the synthesized derivatives, 9chas shown significant anti-hypertensive activity and prolonged duration of action when compared to the standard drug Propranolol.
- Karaman R. (2012)., The future of prodrugs designed by computational chemistry., Drug Des., 1(1),1-3.
- Han H.K. and Amidon G.L. (2000)., Targeted prodrug design to optimize drug delivery., AAPS Pharma. Sci., 2(1), 1-2.
- Prakash Rao H.S. (2003)., Capping Drugs: Development of prodrugs., Resonance, 8(2), 19-27.
- Kuei-Meng Wu. (2009)., A New Classification of prodrugs: Regulatory Perspectives., Pharmaceuticals, 2, 77-81. doi:10.3390/ph2030077.
- Rathnakar C.H. and Das A.K. (2011)., Synthesis, Hydrolysis Kinetics and Comparative anti-tubercular activity of indolizine derivatives of Isoniazid / Pyrazinamide / Ethionamide., Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev and Res., 6(2), 128-131.
- Denny G. and Das A.K. (2005)., Synthesis and evaluation of central nervous system depressant activity of some indolizine derivatives., [M. Pharm Thesis]. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India.
- Mayukh B. and Das A.K. (2004)., Synthesis and pharmacological screening of some indolizinamidoglutamidoglutamine derivatives., Ind. J. Heterocycl. Chem., 14(9), 81-82.