Fuzzy Approach based two Layered Block Coded Adaptive MC-CDMA system with FT/ST
- 1School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISRA University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- 2School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISRA University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- 3Department of Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Lahore, Islamabad Campus, Pakistan
- 4School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISRA University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 50-57, March,2 (2016)
The adaptive systems have been employed in nearly all future networks like 4G LTE, 5G etc in order to effectively utilize the available bandwidth, minimize bit error rate (BER) and get better convergence rate, etc. In this paper, least mean square (LMS) algorithm with adaptive step size has been applied on layered space time block coding (LSTBC) based multi-carrier code division multiple access (MC-CDMA) system. This system is studied for both transformations: Fourier transform (FT) and Slantlet transform (ST). Fuzzy rule base scheme (FRBS) has been applied for adaptation of step size. It is observed that convergence rate of proposed FRBS based MC-CDMA receiver is attractive as compare to conventional LMS receiver. Further, it has been seen that bit error rate (BER) of proposed FRBS based MC-CDMA system is better than conventional LMS receiver in both transformations mechanism FT and ST. Moreover, FRBS based MC-CDMA system with ST gives overall attractive BER.
- Yu L. and Lee I.T. (2006). , MIMO capon receiver and channel estimation for space-time coded COMA systems,, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 5, 3023-3028.
- Hara S. and Prasad R. (1997). , Overview of multicarrier CDMA, , IEEE Com-mun. Mag., 35, I 26-33.
- Peng X., Chin F., Tjhung T.T., and Madhukumar A. (2005). , A simplified transceiver structure for cyclic extended CDMA system with frequency domain equalization, in Proc. , IEEE VTC—Spring, 3, 753–1757.
- Peng X., Lei Z., Chin F. and Ko C.C. (2005). , Two-layer spreading CDMA: An improved method for broad band uplink transmission, , Proc. IEEE VTC—Fall, 3, 2068–2072.
- Peng X., Png K.B., Lei Z., Chin F. and Ko C.C. (2008). , Two Layered spreading CDMA: An improved method for broadband uplink transmission, , IEEE transaction on Vehicular Technology, 57(6), 3563-3577.
- Selesnick IW. (1997). , The Slantlet transform. , IEEE Trans Signal Processing, 47, 1304–1313.
- Seo B. and Ahn J.Y. (2010). , LMS Adaptive Receiver for Uplink Space-Time Coded MC-CDMA System, ICACT, , ISBN 978-89-5519-146-2.
- Seo B., Geun W., Jeong C. and Kim H.M. (2010). , Fast Convergent LMS adaptive receiver for MC-CDMA system with Space-Time Block Coding, , IEEE Communication Letters, 14(8), 737-739.
- Muhammad U., Muhammad A.K. and Muhammad A.S.C. (2013). , GA backing to STBC Based MC-CDMA Systems. In: IEEE 4th International conference on Intelligent Systems, Modeling and Simulation, Bangkok, Thailand: , IEEE. 503-506.
- Muhammad AK, Muhammad U and Muhammad ASC (2013), , GA based adaptive receiver for MC-CDMA system, , Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences.
- Persson T., Ottosson and Strom E. (2002). , Time-frequency localized CDMA for downlink multi-carrier systems, , Proc. IEEE 7th Int. Symp. Spread Spectrum Tech. Appl., 1(1), 18–122.
- Maeda N., Kishiyama Y., Atarashi H. and Sawahashi M. (2003). , Variable spreading factor-OFCDM with two dimensional spreading that prioritizes time domain spreading for forward link broadband packet wireless access, , Proc. IEEE VTC—Spring, 1, 127–132.