Identification and Classification of factors Affecting Export Performance Case Study: Clothing Industry
- 1Department of Business Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- 2Department of Business Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 58-65, March,2 (2016)
In this study, in order to help develop the clothing industry exports, they are studied five factors such as: environmental, managerial, organizational factors and the ones related to product and marketing strategy. For gathering some information concerning these factors, at the first stage, it was distributed a poll-taking questionnaire in the form of the Likert five-options spectrum among 45 companies active in the clothing exportations in Tehran Province and extracted the 35 final factors affecting export performance in the clothing industry. At the second stage, in order to prioritize the criteria and sub-criteria, it was distributed the questionnaire of even comparisons, among 15 experts and specialists in the clothing industry from the research society. Finally, the managerial, organizational, marketing strategy, product and environmental factors were assigned the priorities first to fifth, respectively. Likewise, concerning the 35 sub-criteria, the sub-criteria of services to customers from the product criterion, emotional intelligence from managerial, politics from environmental criterion and human resources from organizational criterion and competitive advantages from marketing strategy were given the first to fifth positions, respectively.
- Cavusgil S. (1994). Tamer and Zou, Marketing strategy performance relationship: An investigation of the impirical link in Export market Ventures, Journal of marketing, 58, 1-21 , undefined, undefined
- Aaby N.E. and Slater S.F. (1989)., Management Influences on Export Performance: A Review of the Empirical Literature 1978-88, , International Marketing., 3(2), 11-28.
- Bilkey WJ. (1982). , Variables associate with export profitability, , J. Int. Bus. Stud., 12, 39-55.
- Dominquez L.V. and Sequeira C.G. (1993). , Determenants of LDC exporters performance: a crossnational study, , Journal of International Business Studies, 24, First quarter, 19-40.
- Walters P.G.P. and Samiee S. (1990). , A model for assessing performance in small US exporting firms, Entrepreneurship Theory and practice. , Winter. 33-50.
- Balduaf A., Carvanes D.W. and Wagner U. (2000). , Examining determinants of expert performance in small open economies, , Journal of World Business, 35(1), 61-79.
- Leonidou L.C., Katsikeas C.S. and Samiee S. (2002). , Marketing strategy determinants of export performance: a meta- analysis, , Journal of Business research., 55, 51-67.
- Shoham. A. (1998). , Export performance: A Conceptualization and empirical assessment. , Journal of International marketing, 6(3), 59-8.
- Matthyssens P. and Pauwels P. (2007). , Assessing export performance measurement, , Advances in International Marketing., 8(85), 114.
- Zou S., Taylor C.R. and Osland G.E. (1998). , The EXPERF scale: A cross-national generalized export performance measure. , Journal of International Marketing., 6(3), 37-58
- Sousa C. (2004). , Export performance measurement: An evaluation of the empirical research in the literature. , Academy of Marketing Science Review, 9(1), 23.
- Shoham A. (1999), , Bounded rationality, planning, standardization of international strategy, and export performance: a structural model examination, , Journal of International Marketing., 7(2) 24-50.
- Katsikeas C.S. and Morgan R.E. (1994). , Differences in Perceptions of Exporting Problems Based on Firm Size and Export Market Experience, , European Journal of Marketing, 28(5), 17-35.
- Cavusgil ST and Nevin JR. (1981), , Internal determinants of export marketing behavior: an empirical investigation, , J. Mark Res., 18, 114-9.
- Diamantopoulos A. and Engles K. (1988). , Identifying differences between high- and low-involvement exporters, , Int Mark Rev., 5, 52- 60.
- Holzmuller HH. and Stottinger B. (1996). , Structural modeling of success factors in exporting: crossvalidation and further development of an export performance model. , J. Int. Mark., 42(29), 55.
- Naidu GM. and Prasad VK. (1994). , Predictors of export strategy and performance of small- and mediumsizedfirms. , J. Bus. Res., 31, 107- 15.
- Yeoh P. (1994). , Entrepreneurship and export performance: a proposed conceptual model, , Advancesin International Marketing., 6, 43- 68.
- Cavusgil ST. (1984). , Organizational characteristics associated with export activity, , J. Manage Stud., 21(3), 22.
- Axinn CN. (1988). , Export performance: do managerial perceptions make a difference. , Int. Mark. Rev., 5, 61-71.
- Madsen T.K. (1987). , Empirical export performance studies: a review of conceptualizations and findings, in Cavusgil, S.T., Axinn, C. (Eds), , Advances in International Marketing., JAI Press, Greenwich, CT, 2,177-98.
- Bonoma TV. and Clark BH. (1988). , Marketing performance assessment. , Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Babakus E., Yavas U. and Antti Haahti (2006). , Perceived uncertainty, networking and export performance: A study of Nordic SMEs, , European Business Review., 18(1), 4-13.
- Calantone R.J., Kim D., Schmidr J.B. and Cavusgil S.T. (2006). , The influence of internal and external firm factors on international product adaptation strategy and export performance. , A three country comparison, Journal of Business research., 52, 176-185.
- Da Rocha A. and Christensen CH. (1994), , The export experience of a developing country: A review of empirical studies of export behavior and the performance of Brazilian firms. , In: Axinn CN, editor, Advances in International Marketing, 6, Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
- Singh Deeksha A. (2009). , Export performance of emerging market firms, , International Business Review., 18(4), 321-330.
- Douglas S.P. and Craig S.C. (2006), , On improving the conceptual foundations of international marketing research, , Journal of International Marketing, 14(1), 1-22.
- Edwards L. and Alves P. (2005). , South Africa, The international journal of Economic Policy Studies, 3(1), 38-59.
- Katsikea E.S. and Skarmeas D.A. (2003). , Organisational and managerial drivers of effective exportsales organizations, , European Journal of Marketing., 37(1,12), 1723-1745.
- Navarro Antonio, Losada Fernando Ruzo, Emilio Dez and Josť A. (2010). , Implications of perceived competitive advantages, adaptation of marketing tactics and export commitment on export performance, , Journal of World Business., 45(1), 49-58.
- Covin J.G. and Slevin D.P. (1991). , A conceptual model of entrepreneurship as behaviour. , Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 16(1), 7-25.