Biosnthesis of Silver Nanoparticles (Tea Leaves’) Reducing Method and their Optical Properties
- 1Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota- 324005 Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Kota, Kota- 324005 Rajasthan, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 39-43, November,2 (2016)
In this study, we report the synthesis of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) by using a simple green synthesis method. 30 nm sized AgNPs prepared by using tea extract and Ag salt at normal room temperature. The AgNPs synthesized via this one-pot greener approach, can be used as a promising material in different fields such as cosmetics, foods, medicine and pollutant degradation, etc. This environment benign did not use of any extra capping or reducing agent or template. As synthesized nanoparticles were evidenced by advance analysis techniques such as: UV-Vis spectroscopy, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) and fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, etc. X-ray analysis exhibits that the pure silver nanoparticles were grown in a single phase (face-centered cubic structure). Particle size was confirmed by the TEM images of the well dispersed sample. This method can also be facilitated for other metals such as gold (Au), copper (Cu), palladium (Pd) and platinum (Pt).
- Alqudami A. and Annapoorni S. (2007)., Fluorescence from metallic silver and iron nanoparticles prepared by exploding wire technique., Plasmonics., 2(1), 5-13.
- Korbekandi H. and Iravani S. (2012)., Silver Nanoparticles., Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials., 3, 5-16.
- Brigger I., Dubernet C. and Couvreur P. (2002)., Nanoparticles in cancer therapy and diagnosis., Adv Drug Deliv Rev., 64, 24-36.
- Basarkar A. and Singh J. Poly. (2009)., Poly (lactide-co-glycolide)-polymethacrylate nanoparticles for intramuscular delivery of plasmid encoding interleukin-10 to prevent autoimmune diabetes in mice., Pharm Res., 26, 72-81.
- Roy K., Mao H.Q., Huang S.K. and Leong K.W. (1991)., Oral gene delivery with chitosan-DNA nanoparticles generates immunologic protection in a murine model of peanut allergy., Nat. Med., 5, 387-391.
- Wilson D.S., Dalmasso G., Wang L., Sitaraman S.V., Merlin D. and Murthy N. (2010)., Orally delivered thioketal nanoparticles loaded with TNF-α–siRNA target inflammation and inhibit gene expression in the intestines., Nat. Mater., 9, 923-928.
- Mano Priya M., Karunai Selvia B. and John Paul J.A. (2011)., Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from the Leaf Extracts of Euphorbia Hirta and Nerium Indicum., Digest .J. Nanomat. Biostruct., 6(2), 869-877.
- Li S., Shen Y., Xie A., Yu X., Qui L., Zhang L. and Zhang Q. (2007)., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Capsicum annuum L. extract., Green Chem., 9, 852.
- Christopher L., Kitchens, Douglas E., Hirt, Scott M., Husson, Alexey A. and Vertegel (2010)., Synthesis, Stabilization, and Characterization of Metal Nanoparticles., The Graduate School of Clemson University.
- Salam H.A., Rajiv P., Kamaraj M., Jagadeeswaran P., Gunalan S. and Sivaraj R. (2012)., Plants: Green Route for Nanoparticle Synthesis., Inter.Res.J.Bio. Sci., 1(5), 85-90.
- Geoprincy G., Vidhyasrr B.N., Poonguzhali U., Gandhi N. and Renganathan S. (2013)., A review on green synthesis of silver nano particles., Asian.J.Pharma.Clini.res, 6(1), 8-12.
- Akl M. Awwad and Nida M. (2012)., Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles by Mulberry Leaves Extract., Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2(4), 125-128.
- Umesh B.J. and Vishwas A.B. (2013)., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam. Leaves’ extract and its antibacterial activity., Industrial Crops and Products, 46, 132-137.
- Nethra Devi C., Sivakumar P. and Renganathan S. (2012)., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Datura metel flower extract and evaluation of their antimicrobial activity., Inter.J. Nanomat.Biostruct, 2(2), 16-21.
- Song J.Y. and Kim B.S. (2009)., Rapid biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant leaf extracts., Bioprocess Biosyst Eng., 32, 79-84.
- Huang J., Li Q., Sun D., Lu Y., Su Y., Yang X., Wang H., Wang Y., Shao W., He N., Hong J. and Chen C. (2007)., Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by using novel sun-dried Cinnamomum camphora leaves., Nanotechnol., 18, 105-104.
- Pattanayak M. and Nayak P.L. (2013)., Green Synthesis and Characterization of Zero Valent Iron Nanoparticles from the Leaf Extract of Azadirachta indica (Neem)., World Journal of Nano Science & Technology, 2(1), 6-9.
- Nadagouda M.N. and Varma R.S. (2008)., Green synthesis of silver and palladium nanoparticles at room temperature using coffee and tea extract., Green Chem., 10, 859-862.
- Fageria P., Gangopadhyay S. and Pande S. (2014)., Synthesis of ZnO/Au and ZnO/Ag nanoparticles and their photocatalytic application using UV and visible light., RSC Adv., 4, 24962-24972.
- Ahmad A., Mukherjee P., Mandal D., Senapati S., Khan M.I., Kumar R. and Sastry M. (2002)., Enzyme Mediated Extracellular Synthesis of CdS Nanoparticles by the Fungus, Fusariuoxysporum., J.Am. Chem. Soc., 124, 12108-12109.
- Kalimuthu K., Babu RS., Venkataraman D., Bilal M. and Gurunathan S. (2008)., Biosynthesis of silver nanocrystals by Bacillus licheniformis., Colloids Surf B., 65(1), 150-153.
- Wijnhoven S.W.P., Peijnenburg W.J.G.M., Herberts C.A., Hagens W.I., Oomen A.G. and Heugens E.H.W et al. (2009)., Nano-silver: a review of available data and knowledge gaps in human and environmental risk assessment., Nano Toxicology, 3, 109-138.
- Klueh U., Wagner V., Kelly S., Johnson A. and Bryers JD. (2000)., Efficacy of silver-coated fabric to prevent bacterial colonization and subsequent device-based biofilm formation., J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 53(6), 621-631.
- Jani R., Udipi S.A. and Ghugre P.S. (2009)., Mineral content of complementary foods., Indian J Pediatr, 76, 37-44.
- Mulvaney P. (1996)., Surface plasmon spectroscopy of nanosized metal particles., Langmuir, 12, 788-800.
- Abu Bakar N.H.H, Ismail J. and Abu Bakar M. (2007)., Synthesis and Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles in Natural Rubber., Mater. Chem. Phys., 104, 276-283.
- Meena R.K. and Chouhan N. (2015)., Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from Plant (Fenugreek Leaves’) Reducing Method and their Optical Properties., Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 4(IVC-2015), 1-5.