Groundwater Quality Evaluation of Khed Block in Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra (India) to Estimate its Suitability for different use
- 1Dept of SWE, CTAE, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 2Dept of SWE, CTAE, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 3Dept of SWE, CTAE, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 4Dept of SWE, CTAE, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 17-24, November,2 (2016)
The study was undertaken to study appropriateness of groundwater for irrigation and consumption. Selected well samples in Khed block, examined for chemical characteristics. The appropriateness of groundwater was checked for consumption and irrigation purposes by comparing various factors with WHO standards and correlation matrix between groundwater quality parameters like EC, SAR, TDS, TH, RSC, Na%, PI, CAI, KI, MH and CR. The results compare with WHO. The data discovered that groundwater of study area was well for drinking and could be used for irrigation.
- Raja R.E., Lydia Sharmila, Princy Merlin and Chritopher G. (2002)., Physico-Chemical Analysis of Some Groundwater Samples of Kotputli Town Jaipur, Rajasthan., Indian J Environ Prot., 22(2), 137.
- World Health Organization (WHO) (1996)., Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality., health criteria and other supporting information, 940-949.
- Meena B.S. and Bhargava N. (2012)., \"Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Groundwater Of Some Villages of Dag Block In Jhalawar District Of Rajasthan State (India)., RASAYAN. J. Chem, 5(4), 438- 444.
- Jain C.K., Kumar C.P. and Sharma M.K. (2003)., Ground Water Qualities of Ghataprabha Command Area Karnataka., Indian Journal Environ and Ecoplan, 7(2), 251-262.
- Karanth K.R. (1987)., Groundwater Assessment, Development and Management., Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 720.
- Todd D. (1980)., Groundwater hydrology., 2nd ed., New York, Wiley, 535.
- Rao Subba N. (2006)., Seasonal Variation of Groundwater Quality in a Part of Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, India., Environ Geol., 49, 413-429.
- Wicox L.V. (1995)., Classification and Use of Irrigation Waters., US Department of Agriculture, Washington Dc, 19.
- Ragunath H.M. (1987)., Groundwater., Wiley Eastern Ltd, New Delhi, 563,
- Guan W., Chamberlain R.H., Sabol B.M. and Doering P.H. (1999)., Mapping Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in the Caloosahatchee Estuary: Evaluation of Different Interpolation Methods., Marine Geodesy, 22, 69-91.
- Doneen L.D. (1964)., Water Quality for Agriculture., Department of Irrigation, University of Calfornia, Davis, 48.
- Ramesh K. and Elango L. (2011)., Groundwater Quality and its Suitability for Domestic and Agricultural Use in Tondiar River Basin, Tamil Nadu, India., Environ Monit Assess., 184(6), 3887-3889.
- Narsimha A., Sudarshan V. and Swathi P. (2013)., Groundwater and Its Assessment for Irrigation Purpose in Hanmakonda Area, Warangal District, Andhra Pradesh, India., Int. J. Res. Chem. Environ., 3, 195-199.
- Szabolcs I. and Darab C. (1964)., The Influence of Irrigation Water of High Sodium Carbonate Content on Soils., I. Szabolics (Ed.), Proc 8th International Congress Soil Science Sodics Soils, Res Inst Soil Sci Agric Chem Hungarian Acad Sci, ISSS Trans II, 802-812.
- Hem J.D. (1985)., Study and Interpretation of the Chemical Characteristics of Natural Water., USGS, Water Supply Paper, 264.
- Sawyer C.N. and McCarty D.L. (1967)., Chemistry of Sanitary Engineers., 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 518.
- Schoeller H. (1967)., Geochemistry of Ground Water - An International Guide for Research and Practice., UNESCO, 15, 1-18.
- Raman V. (1983)., Impact of corrosion in the conveyance and distribution of water., Journal of Indian Water Works Association, xv(11), 115-121.
- Mahadevaswamy G., Nagaraju D., Siddalingamurthy S., Lakshmamma, lone M.S., Nagesh P.C. and Rao K. (2011)., Groundwater Quality Studies in Nanjangud Taluk, Mysore District, Karnataka, India., International Journal of Environmental Sciences, 1(7).
- Kurumbein W.C. and Graybill F.A. (1965)., An Introduction to Statistical Models in Geology., McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Patil V.T. and Patil P.R. (2010)., Physicochemical Analysis of Selected Groundwater Samples of Amalner Town in Jalgaon District, Maharashtra, India., E-Journal of Chemistry, 7(1), 111-116.
- Indian Standards Institution (1983), Indian Standard Specification for drinking water, , IS 10500