An assessment with respect to Deceiving the users for its Good
- 1Department of Computing, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, 22-E Block-6 P.E.C.H.S., Karachi, 75400 Sindh, Pakistan
- 2School of Nursing and Midwifery, Aga Khan University, stadium road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (10), Pages 32-35, October,2 (2016)
This paper discusses the deception revolving around human computer interaction. Malevolent deception refers to the trickery that causes harmful effects while benevolent deception denotes to the falsehood device that is used to benefit its users. Little they are aware of the term itself, especially people in Pakistan. This research highlights about the views of people regarding existence of benevolent deception. The study analyzes a purpose of benevolent deception and the reasoning discussing its need. The results conclude that most of the participants neither trust system/internet nor they are aware about the term benevolent deception. The survey also proves that the users do not prefer being deceived even if it for their own good. Most of the participants thinks that it is misleading and should be eliminated.
- Greene K. (2014)., How Should We Program Computers to Deceive.?, Pacific Standard, https://psmag.com/how-should-we-program-computers-to-deceive-eedbf653805a .d442ftmu4, Retrieved August 27, 2016.
- Pavlus J. (2015)., \"No UI\" Design, http://www.fastcodesign.com/3048770/no-ui-designs-next-move-fake-ui Retrieved August 27, 2016.
- Cryer J. (2012)., Asynchronous UI: When to lie., Word press, https://jamescryer.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/ asynchronous-ui/ Retrieved August 27, 2016.