Influence of Weather Parameters on Lentil (Lens culinaris M.) at Allahabad, India
- 1School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007 (UP) India
- 2School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007 (UP) India
- 3School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007 (UP) India
- 4School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007 (UP) India
- 5School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007 (UP) India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (10), Pages 1-8, October,2 (2016)
A field experiment was conducted during the 2014-2015 at the research farm of School of Forestry & Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Sciences, Allahabad, to find out the influence of weather parameters on Lentil (Lens culinaris M.) under Allahabad condition in Randomized block design (factorial) replicated thrice. Induction of hydro priming was obtained by immersing the seeds in distilled water. The GDD accumulation was highest in D1 (1907.25 day °C) than other sowing dates. The minimum GDD was accumulated in D3 sowing (1633.15 day °C). The highest PTU was obtained by D1 (21899.10°day hrs). The hygrothermal unit-I was highest (168544.70°day percent) in the D1. HgTU-II, photo temperature, nycto temperature, inter diurnal temperature was also highest in D1.
- FAOSTAT (2013)., Production Crops., Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- FAOSTAT (1988)., Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Traditional., Retrieved from http://ww.fao.org.
- Sehirali S. (1988)., Grain legume crops., African journal of agronomy., 314-435.
- Lee S.S., Kim J.H., Hong S.B., Yun S.H. and Park E.H. (1998)., Priming effect of rice seeds on seedling establishment under adverse soil conditions., Korean Journal Crop Science., 3, 194-98.
- Kant S., Pahuja S.S. and Pannu R.K. (2006)., Effect of seed priming on growth and phenology of wheat under late-sown conditions., Tropical Science, 3, 9-150.
- Giri G.S. and Schillinger W.F. (2003)., Seed priming winter wheat for germination, emergence and yield., Crop Science., 3, 2135-2141.
- Sivritepe H.O. and Dourado A.M. (1995)., The effect of priming treatments on the viability and accumulation of chromosomal damage in aged pea seeds., Annals of Botany., 75(2), 165-171.
- Chang S.M. and Sung J.M. (1998)., Deteriorative changes in primed sweet corn seeds during storage., Seed Science Technology., 26, 613-626.
- Taylor A.G., Allen P.S., Bennett M.A., Bradford K.J., Burris J.S. and Misra M.K. (1998)., Seed enhancements., Seed Science Research., 8, 254-256.
- Parera C.A. and Cantliffe D.J. (1994)., Pre-sowing seed priming., Horticulture Review., 3, 109-141.
- Nuttonson M.Y. (1955)., Wheat-climatic relationships and the use of phenology in ascertaining the thermal and photo thermal requirements of wheat., Soil Science., 83(2), 163.
- Reddy T.Y. and Reddy G.H. (2001)., Principles of Agronomy., Kalyani Publisher, Ludhiana.78-98.
- Mehta U.R. and Mathur B.N. (1979)., Effect of sowing time and seed rate on yield of wheat in Arid Region of Rajasthan., Indian Journal of Agronomy., 1, 17-20.
- Rajput R.P. (1980)., Response of soybean crop to climate and soil environment., Ph. D. Thesis, IARI, New Delhi.
- Wang J.Y. (1963)., Agricultural Meteorology., University of Wisconsin, Medison, Pacemaker Press. 101-135.
- Ong C.K. (1983)., Response to temperature in a stand of pearl millet (Pennisetium typhoides S. & H.)., J. Experimental Botany, 34(140), 337-348.
- Fussell L.K., Pearson C.J. and Norman M.J.T. (1980)., Effect of temperature during various growth stages on grain development and yield of Pennisetum americanum., Journal of Experimental Botany., 31, 621-633.
- Mashingaidze K. and Muchena S. (1982)., induction of floret sterility by low temperatures in pearl millet (Pennisetum typhoides (Burm.) Stapf. & Hubbard)., Zimbabwe J. Agric. Res. 20: 29-37.
- Singh A.K., Tripathi P. and Adhar S. (2008)., Heat unit requirements for phenophases of Wheat genotypes as influenced by sowing dates., J. Agromet., 10(2), 209-212.
- Sastry P.N.S. and Chakarvarty N.V.K. (1982)., Energy summation indices for Wheat crop in India., Agricultural Meteorology, 27(1-2), 45-48.