A Study on School Environment in Relation to Academic Achievement of Higher Secondary School Students
- 1 Vellalar College of Education for Women, Maruthi Nagar, Thindal, Erode.12., Tamil Nadu State, INDIA
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 4, Issue (IYSC-2015), Pages 114-117, September,2 (2015)
In the view of Vivekananda, “Education is the manifestation of perfection already existed in man”. The position at higher secondary level is still worse than any other class, because the marks in the higher secondary course decide the future of the child. Admissions to professional courses are lost for some students failing to secure an additional 0.1% mark. So, students at this cadre are considered to be the mark producing machines rather than a human. Due to the want of marks and get admission in better courses in better colleges, parents and students in higher secondary class usually run after the books and coaching centers to secure good marks. Survey method is used for the study. Stratified random sampling technique was used. 300 samples were collected from 6 schools in Tiruppur District. Sample Consists of students studying XI Standard in Tiruppur District.
- Broussard S.C. and Garrison M.E., The relationship between classroom motivation and academic achievement in elementary school – aged children (2004)
- Yoloye E.A., Causes of poor Academic Performance in Northern Nigeria. A Monograph. Institute of Education, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (1976)
- Holt C.R., Critical factors that affect the passage of school bond elections. School Business Affairs, 60(8), 33-37 (1994)
- McGuffey C.W. and Walberg H.J., Facilities in improving educational standards and productivity (237-281). Berkley, California: University of Illinois, (1982)