Biological Evaluation of 1, 3-Bis-(2- Substitutedamino-6-Substitutedimino-1, 3, 5- Thiadiazin- 4- yl)-Thiourea Derivatives as Antimicrobial agents
- 1 H.V.P.M.’s College of Engineering and Technology Amravati M.S., INDIA
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 2, Issue (ISC-2012), Pages 13-14, February,2 (2013)
A series of 1,3-bis (2- substitutedamino-6-substituted-imino-1,3,5-thiadiazin- 4- yl)-thiourea [3a(i) to 3f (iii)] have been obtained by basification of their hydrochlorides [2a(i) to 2f (iii)].The latter were synthesized by the interaction of 1,3-bis (N-substitutedamidinothiocarbamido)- thiourea (1) and N-aryl/alkylisocyanodichlorides in 1:2 molar ratio. The compound (1) was prepared initially by the condensation of aryl/alkylisothiocyanate and 1,3-diformamidinothiourea in 1:2 molar ratios. The structure of all these compounds was established on the basis of IR and NMR spectral data. All the synthesized compounds have been assayed for their antibiological activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative human pathogens and found that they possess insecticidal, and bacteriocidal. Some 1,3,5-thiadiazine compounds show remarkable biological activity.
- Aboul-Fadi T., Hussein M.A., ElShorbagi A.N., Kallil A.R., Arch.Pharm (Weinbeim), 335, 2002,(438).
- Alfred K. and Tantaway A., Arch.Pharm.(Weinbeim), 311, 935 (1978)
- Shelke M.E. and Tayade D.T., Synthesis of 1-substituted-2-thio-(1H)-4-[(2-imino-4- thiobiureto-5-yl) guanyl]-6-substitutedamino-1,2-dihydro-s-triazines AJC, 18(3) (2006)
- Shelke M.E., Antimicrobial activity of 1-Substituted-2-thio-(1H)-4-(3-phenylthiocarbamido-1-yl)-6-(1-substitutedguani-dino-3-yl)-1,2- dihydro-S-triazine, JPAM, 1(1), 123-125 (2007)
- Dhake J.D., Indian J. Chem, 9B, 1415 (1971)
- Patel N.B. and Gorgamwala Y.S., J.Instt.Chemist, 74, 50 (2002)
- Ghiya B.J. and Kawadkar R.K., AJC, 10, 976 (1998)
- Cavanagh F., Analytical Microbiology, Academic Press, New York, 126 (1963)
- Barry A.L., The Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test; Principle and Practices, edited by Illus Lea and Fibiger, Philadelphia, Pa, U.S.A., 180, (1976)
- Vogel A.I., Text book of practical organic chemistry including qualitative organic analysis, ELBS and Longman Greek and Co. Ltd., 615 (1954)
- Tayade D.T., Ph.D.Thesis SGBAU (1996)