Turbocharging and Oil Techniques in Light Motor Vehicles
- 1Swami Vivekanand College of Engineering Indore, MP, INDIA
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 1, Issue (1), Pages 60-65, January,2 (2012)
Earlier the use of turbo charging in two wheelers is not possible this is possible only in heavy engines but now days with the use of technology and high grade machineries the turbochargers can be used in two wheelers with increased power and volumetric efficiency. This article reviews a Range of energy efficiency measures in the transportation Sector and assesses their Potentials for improving fuel efficiency. The primary Focus is on light-duty vehicles because they represent. The largest portion of world transport energy use and Carbon di oxide emissions; freight trucks, a rapidly Expanding source of greenhouse emissions, are also Discussed. Increasing energy efficiency can be achieved by improving the design and technology Used in new vehicles, but vehicle technology is only one component of fleet fuel economy. Measures that Create strong incentives for customers to take energy efficiency into consideration when buying and operating their vehicles will be crucial to policy success.
- Baines, Nicholas C., Fundamentals of Turbo charging. Concepts ETI. ISBN 0-933283-14-8, (2005)
- History of the Supercharger, http:// www.calaisturbo.org/history-of-the-supercharger.php, retrieved 06-30(2011)
- The turbocharger turns 100 years old this week". Gizmag.com. http://www.gizmag.com/go/4848/. Retrieved, 08-02 (2010)
- GM/LBST., "Well-to-Wheel Analysis of Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Advanced Fuel/Vehicle Systems—a European Study", (2002)
- The Turbo supercharger and the Airplane Power plant. http://rwebs.net/avhistory/opsman/geturbo/geturbo.htm.
- "Gallery".Picturegallery.imeche.org.http://picturegallery.imeche.org/ViewLarger.aspx?PID=422&RAID=30. Retrieved 04-09 (2011)
- Parkhurst, Terry. "Turbochargers: an interview with Garrett’s MartinVerschoor".Allpar, LLC.http:// www.acarplace.com/ cars /turbochargers. html. Retrieved 12 December (2006)
- "Turbocharger-Kit Wastegate and Blow-off Valves". Turbochargerkit.comhttp:// www.turbochargekit.com /wastegateandb lowoff.html. Retrieved 08-02 (2010)
- Heywood, J. B., & Weiss, M. A. (2003) The Performance of Future ICE and Fuel Cell Powered Vehicles and Their Potential Fleet Impact. LFEE2003004. MIT (2003)
- IEA.. CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion 1971-2004. Paris: IEA (2006)