Synthesis and characterization of tetra amide macro cyclic metal-complex with transition metals and its antimicrobial property
- 1Department of Applied Chemistry, UIT, Barkatullah University, Bhopal, MP, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Govt. Geetanjali Girls\' P.G. (Autonomus) College, Bhopal, MP, India
- 3Bioresource Institute for Healthy Utilization and International Research Laboratory, Medical University, Zunyi, China
- 4Department of Applied Chemistry, UIT, Barkatullah University, Bhopal, MP, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 8, Issue (12), Pages 15-23, December,18 (2018)
Synthesis as well as complexes characterization [M (L1) Cl2], Ni (II), M=Cobalt, Nickel, Cupper, and Zinc; and ligand (L1) was examined by FE-SEM/EDS, UV-Visible, FT-IR and XRD. The L1 shown to be matched with tetra amide divalent transition metals giving precipitates upon self-assemblage at 00C. The powder XRD and FT-IR maintained the continuation of a complexion with transition metal cations indicates the formation of self–assembled over C-H... O; O-H…O interface of the termination dicarboxylic acids. The complexes were screened out for the antimicrobial activity by disc diffusion agar technique. The potency of compound [M (L1) Cl2] was tested against the bacteria such as E.coli and S.aureus and fungi (A. niger and C. albicans) strains. Ampicilline applied as reference for bacteria and fluconazole in case of fungi. The Copper and Nickel metal complex showed the highest in vitro antibacterial action (Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus) as related to the standard drug while the metal complexes were less effective antifungal activity against test fungi (A. niger and C. albicans). Finding revealed that metal multiplexes from the synthesized compounds, which is high potential for the industry and environment.
- Kumar S., Dhar D.N. and Saxena P.N. (2009)., Application of metal complexes of Schiff base-A review., Scientific and Industrial Research, 68, 181-187.
- Choi K.Y., Lee H.H., Park B.B., Kim J.H., Kim J., Kim M. W. and Suh I.H. (2001)., Synthesis and properties of nickel (II) and copper (II) complexes of a di-N-acetamide tetraaza macrocycle., Polyhedron, 20(15), 2003-2009.
- Hambley T.W., Lindoy L.F., Reimers J.R., Turner P., Wei G. and Widmer-Cooper A.N. (2001)., Macrocyclic ligand design, X-Ray, DFT and solution studies of the effect of N-methylation and N-benzylation of 1,4,10,13-tetraoxa-7,16-diazacyclooctadecane on its affinity for selected transition and post-transition metal ions., J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 5, 614-620.
- McKenzie C.J., Toftlund H., Pietraszkiewics M., Stojek Z. and Slowinski K. (1993)., Binuclear complexes of a new hexadentate macrocyclic ligand. The crystal and molecular structure of [LCu 2 (CH 3 CO 2) 2](ClO 4) 2• 5H 2 O., Inorganica chimica acta, 210(2), 143-149.
- Pietraszkiewicz M., Pietraszkiewicz O., saf R., Hummel K., Skorupa A. and Mrozinski J. (1999)., Synthesis, Spectral and Magnetic Characterisation of Copper(II) Dinuclear and Polynuclear Complexes with a Macrocyclic 34-Membered Hexaamine., J. Incl.,Phenom. & macrocyel Chem., 35, 233-242.
- Chaudhary A., Dave S., Swaroop R. and Singh R.V. (2002)., Synthesis and biological studies of 16-26 membered tetraazamacrocyclic complexes of tin (II)., Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, 79(4), 371-373.
- Singh D.P., Kumar R., Malik V. and Tyagi P. (2007)., Template synthesis, spectroscopic studies and biological activities of macrocyclic complexes derived from thiocarbohydrazide and glyoxal., Journal of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry, 22(2), 177-182.
- Aqra F.M. (2003)., Encapsulation of nickel (II) and copper (II) by a tetraazamacrocyclic ligand., Transition metal chemistry, 28(2), 224-228.
- Kim Y.S., Song R., Lee C.O. and Sohn Y.S. (2004)., Synthesis and biological activity of novel platinum (II) complexes of glutamate tethered to hydrophilic hematoporphyrin derivatives., Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters, 14(11), 2889-2892.
- Hunter T.M., Paisey S.J., Park H.S., Cleghorn L., Parkin A., Parsons S. and Sadler P.J. (2004)., Configurations of metallocyclams and relevance to anti-HIV activity., Journal of inorganic biochemistry, 98(5), 713-719.
- Parkinson J.A., Weishaupl M., Liang X., Gould R.O., Paisley S.J., Park H. and Sadler P.J. (2002)., Structure and dynamics of metallo-macrocyles: recognition of a viral co-receptor by zinc bicyclam., Journal of the American Chemical Society, 124(31), 9105-9112.
- Chandra S. and Gupta L.K. (2004)., Spectroscopic characterization of tetradentate macrocyclic ligand: it’s transition metal complexes., Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 60(12), 2767-2774.
- Anda C., Llobet A., Salvado V., Martell A.E. and Motekaitis R.J. (2000)., A systematic evaluation of molecular recognition phenomena. 2. Interaction between phosphates and nucleotides with hexaazamacrocyclic ligands containing diethylic ether spacers., Inorganic chemistry, 39(14), 3000-3008.
- Chandra S., Raizada S., Tyagi M. and Gautam A. (2007)., Synthesis, spectroscopic, and antimicrobial studies on bivalent nickel and copper complexes of bis (thiosemicrbazone)., Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, 7.
- Mandloi G.S., Selvakumar P.M., Joshi S. and Amlathe S. (2014)., Synthesis and Characterization of Metal-Complexes Rigid Rod Formation in Water from Dicarboxylic Bolaamphiphile., IOSR Journal of applied Chemistry,7(4), 65-70.
- Smania A., Monache D.F., Gil M.L., Benchetrit L.C. and Cruz F.S. (1995)., Antibacterial activity of substance produced by the fungus Pycnoporus sanguineus (Fr) merr., Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 45(3), 177-181.
- Fhrhop J.H. and Tianyu Wang (2004)., Bolaamphiphiles., Chem.Rev., 104, 2901-2937.
- Shimizu T. (2008)., Self-assembled organic nanotubes: Toward attoliter chemistry., Journal of polymer Science: part A: polymer Chemistry, 46(8), 2601-2611.
- Aggeli B.A., Bell M., Boden N., Keen J.N., Knowles P.F., McLeish T.C.B. and Radford S.E. (1997)., Responsive gels formed by the spontaneous self-assembly of peptides into polymeric β-sheet tapes., Nature, 386(6622), 259-262.
- Sharkir M., Varkey S.P. and Hameed P.S. (1993)., Divalent, cobalt, nickel, copper and zinc complexes of tetraaza macrocycles bearing polyamide groups: synthesis and characterization., Polyhedron, 12(23), 2775-2780.
- Chandra S. and Gupta K. (2002)., Twelve-, fourteen-and sixteen-membered macrocyclic ligands and a study of the effect of ring size on ligand field strength., Transition metal chemistry, 27(3), 329-332.
- Shakir M. and Varkey S.P. (1995)., A new synthetic route for the preparation of a new series of 14–22-membered tetraoxomacrocyclic tetraamines and their transition metal complexes., Polyhedron, 14(9), 1117-1127.
- Shakir M., Varkey S.P., Nasman O.S. and Mohammed A. K. (1996)., Organotin Transition Metal Complexes of 18-Membered Binuclear Hexaazamacrocycles: Synthesis and Characterization., Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, 26(3), 509-528.