Study on synthesis, morphology, composition and thermal behaviour of different IPNs of soybean oil and cardanol based dyes by FTIR, TG, DSC, SEM and biodegradability test
- 1Laboraratory of Polymers and Fibers, P.G. Department of Chemistry, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, Odisha, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Shailabala Women’s College, Cuttack, Odisha, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (9), Pages 29-44, September,18 (2017)
Phenolic lipids from plant material are new raw materials from renewable resources and are essential in the preparation of biopolymers , i.e., Cardanol, a meta-substituted alkyl phenol derived from cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL), a by-product of cashew industry, holds a place of biomaterial for the manufacture of many industrial products. Another renewable resource like soybean oil poly-urethane and cardanol based semiliquid amino dyes have been used to synthesize IPNs along with BPO an EGDM which have been highly cross-linked structure with both amorphous and crystalline character. Morphology, composition and thermal behaviour of these samples have been characterised and compared with different NCO/OH ratio and with different amino dyes by FTIR, TG, DSC, SEM and Elemental analysis.
- Sperling L.H. (1981)., IPN related material plenum press New York.,
- Sperling L.H., Manson J.S. and Linne M.A. (1984). J of polymer master., undefined, undefined
- Anderson D.A. and Freeman E.S. (1961)., The kinetics of the thermal degradation of polystyrene and polyethylene., J of Polymer Science, 54(159), 253-260.
- Swain S.K., Mohapatra D.K., Lenka S. and Nayak P.L. (1994)., Polymers from renewable resources. V. Synthesis and characterization of thermosetting resins derived from cashew nut shell liquid (CNSL)–furfural‐substituted aromatic compounds., J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 54(10), 1413-1421.
- Das D., Nayak S.S., Das S.K., Nayak P.L. and Lenka S. (1997)., Polymers from renewable resources: XXII: Studies on synthesis and thermal properties of interpenetrating polymer networks derived from castor oil-isophorone diisocyanate-cardanyl methacrylate/poly (cardanyl methacrylate)., Thermochimica acta, 297, 101-107
- Sanmathi C.S., Kumar Prasanna S. and Sherigarh B.S. (2004). J of Applied Polymer Science, 94(3), 1029-1034., undefined, undefined
- Kaith B.S. and Kalia S. (2007)., Synthesis and characterization of graft co-polymers of flax fiber with binary vinyl monomers., J of Polymer Analysis & characterisation, 12(5), 401-402.
- Yadav R. and Srivastava D. (2009)., Studies on the process variables of the condensation reaction of cardanol and formaldehyde by response surface methodology., European polymer journal, 45(3), 946-952.
- Biswal S., Satpathy J.R., Achary P.G.R. and Pal N.C. (2011). International Journal Technol, 15(1), 52-67., undefined, undefined
- Biswal S., Satapathy J.R., Achary P.G.R. and Pal N.C. (2012). Springer sc + Business Media LLC., undefined, undefined
- Gopalakrishnan S., Mythili C.V. and Nevaditha N.T. (2012)., ‘Thermal Degradation and XRD Studies of Diazotised-p-Sulphanilic Acid Dye Based Resins Synthesized from Renewable Resource., Arch. Appl. Sci. Res., 4(2), 1091-1099.
- Gopalkrishnan S., Nevaditha N.T. and Mythili C.V. (2012)., Synthesis and characterization of bifunctional monomers for high performance polymers from renewable resource., Int J of chem. Tech Research, 4(1), 48-54. ISSN 0974-4290