Spectroscopic and bactericidal activity of 4-aminobenzamide derivatives
- 1Department of Chemistry, K.S.R. College of Arts and Science (Autonomous), Tiruchengode, Tamil Nadu, India and Department of Chemistry, Periyar University, Salem-636 011, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Department of Organic Chemistry, Muthayammal College of Arts and Science, Rasipuram, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, Periyar University, Salem-636 011, Tamil Nadu, India
- 4Department of Chemistry, Periyar University, Salem-636 011, Tamil Nadu, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (11), Pages 1-7, November,18 (2017)
A series of 4-aminobenzamide derivatives of Schiff base compounds have been isolated from condensation of 1,2-dicarbonyl compounds such as benzil, o-phthaldehyde, 2,3-pentanedione, 2,3-butanedione and glyoxal with 4-aminobenzamide. The compounds were characterized by elemental analysis, electrochemical and various spectroscopic studies like IR, UV-Visible, 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy. The prepared compounds were screened for antibacterial activity against Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria.
- Witkop B. and Ramachandran L.K. (1964)., Progress in non-enzymatic selective modification and cleavage of proteins., Metabolism, 13, 1016-1025.
- Katia B., Simon L., Anne R., Gerard C., Francoise D. and Bernard M. (1996)., Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Schiff Base Complexes with Diiminobinaphthyl or Diiminocyclohexyl Moieties as Potential Enantioselective Epoxidation Catalysts., Inorg. Chem., 35(2), 387-396.
- Gerdemann C., Eicken C. and Krebs B. (2002)., The crystal structure of catechol oxidase: new insight into the function of type-3 copper proteins., Chem. Res., 35(3), 183-191.
- Ray P.S., Maulik G., Cordis G.A., Bertelli A.A.E., Bertelli A. and Das D.K. (1999)., The red wine antioxidant resveratrol protects isolated rat hearts from ischemia reperfusion injury., Free Radic Biol Med., 27, 160-169.
- De Revel G., Pripis-Nicolau L., Barbe J.C. and Bertrand A. (2000)., The detection of alpha-dicarbonyl compounds in wine by formation of quinoxaline derivatives., J. Sci. of Food., 80, 102-108.
- Yamaguchi M., Ishida J., Xuan Z.X., Nakamura A. and Yoshitake T. (1994)., Determination of glyoxal, methylglyoxal, diacetyl, and 2,3-pentanedione in fermented foods by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection., J. Liq. Chromatogr, 17, 203-211.
- Weigel K., Opitz T. and Henle T. (2004)., Studies on the occurrence and formation of 1,2-dicarbonyls in honey., Eur. Food Res. Technol., 218(2), 147-151.
- Wells-Knecht K.J., Zyzak D.V., Litchfield J.E., Thorpe S.R. and Baynes J.W. (1995)., Mechanism of autoxidative glycosylation: identification of glyoxal and arabinose as intermediates in the autoxidative modification of proteins by glucose., Biochemistry, 34(11), 3702-3709.
- Hunt J.V., Dean R.T. and Wolff S.P. (1988)., Hydroxyl radical production and autoxidative glycosylation. Glucose autoxidation as the cause of protein damage in the experimental glycation model of diabetes mellitus and ageing., Biochem J., 256, 205-212.
- Fu M., Requena J.R., Jenkins A.J., Lyons T.J., Baynes J.W. and Thorpe S.R. (1996)., The advanced glycation end product, Nepsilon-(carboxymethyl) lysine, is a product of both lipid peroxidation and glycoxidation reactions., J Biol Chem., 271(17), 9982-9986.
- Wadkins R., Hyatt J.L., Wei X., Yoon K.J., Wierdl M., Edwards C.C., Morton C.L., Obenauer J.C., Damodaran K., Beroza P., Danks M.K. and Potter P.M. (2005)., Identification and characterization of novel benzil (diphenylethane-1,2-dione) analogues as inhibitors of mammalian carboxylesterases., J. Med. Chem., 48(8), 2906-2915.
- Lajiness J., Sielaff A., Mackay H., Brown T., Kluza J., Nquyen B., Wilson W.D., Lee M. and Hartley J.A. (2009)., Polyamide curvature and DNA sequence selective recognition: use of 4-aminobenzamide to adjust curvature., Med Chem., 5(3), 216-226.
- Comb L.T. (2001)., Condensation of an amine with glyoxal; Glyoxal-bis-(2,6-diisopropylphenyl) imine., Adv. Chem. Sci. DOI: 10.1039/SP28.
- Sadana A.K., Miraza Y., Aneja K.R. and Prakash O. (2003)., Hypervalent iodine mediated synthesis of 1-aryl/hetryl-1,2,4-triazolo[4,3-a] pyridines and 1-aryl/hetryl 5-methyl-1,2,4-triazolo[4,3-a]quinolines as antibacterial agents., Eur. J. Med. Chem., 38(5), 533-536.