Chemical synthesis of cobalt oxide (Co3O4) nanoparticles using Co-precipitation method
- 1Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati-444 602, India
- 2Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati-444 602, India
- 3Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati-444 602, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 53-55, January,18 (2017)
In the present work, Cobalt oxide (Co3O4) nanoparticles were synthesized by co-precipitation method. The structural purity of as-prepared nanoparticles was confirmed by using X-Ray diffraction (XRD) analysis. The average particle size of amorphous structure of Co3O4 nanoparticles was found to be 25.62 nm and lattice parameter 7.97Ε. The optical band gap of Co3O4 nanoparticles was estimated by using ultraviolet-visible (UV-VIS) spectroscopy. The direct band gap value was found to be 4.07eV. Photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy was investigated two broad emission peaks at wavelength 396nm, 467nm of Co3O4 nanoparticles.
- Moon J., Kim T.K., Saders B.V., Choi C., Liu Z., Jin S. and Chen R. (2015)., Black oxide nanoparticles as durable solar absorbing material for high-temperature concentrating solar power system., Sol. Energ. Mat. Sol. C 134, 417424.
- Zheng Y., Li P., Li H. and Chen S. (2014)., Controllable Growth of Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles on Reduced Graphene Oxide and its Application for Highly Sensitive Glucose Sensor., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 9, 7369 7381.
- Sun H., Ahmad M. and Zhu J. (2013)., Morphology-controlled synthesis of Co3O4 porous nanostructures for the application as lithium-ion battery electrode., Electrochim Acta 89, 199 205.
- Madhu R., Veeramani V., Chen S.M., Manikandan A., Lo A.Y. and Chueh Y.L. (2015)., Honeycomb-like Porous Carbon-Cobalt Oxide Nanocomposite for High-Performance Enzymeless Glucose Sensor and Supercapacitor Applications., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 7(29):15812-20.
- Cao Y., Yuan F., Yao M., Bang J.H. and Lee J. H. (2014)., A new synthetic route to hollow Co3O4 octahedra for supercapacitor applications., Cryst. Eng. Comm, 16, 826833.
- Xu J.M., Zhang J., Wang B.B. and Liu F. (2015)., Shape-regulated synthesis of cobalt oxide and its gas-sensing property., J. Alloys Compd. 619, 361367.
- Sahoo P., Djieutedjeu H. and Poudeu Pierre F.P. (2013)., Co3O4 Nanostructures: the effect of synthesis conditions on particles size, magnetism and transport properties., J. Mater. Chem. A 1, 15022-15030.
- Niasari M.S., Mir N. and Davar F. (2009)., Synthesis and characterization of Co3O4 nanorods by thermal decomposition of cobalt oxalate., J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 70, 847852.
- Arciga-Duran E., Ballesteros J.C., Torres- Martinez L.M., Juarez - Ramirez I. and Gomez Solis C. (2005), Co3O4 films prepared by thermal treatment of cobalt electrodeposited as an electrocatalyst for the oxygen evolution reaction., J. Catal., 1-27.
- Nandapure B.I., Kondawar S.B., Nandapure A.I. (2015)., Structural Characterization of Co3O4 Nanoparticles Synthesized By a Sol-Gel Method., Int. J. Sci. Res.,4(1), 440-441.
- Yarestani M., Khalaji A.D., Rohani A. and Das D. (2004)., Hydrothermal synthesis of cobalt oxide nanoparticles: Its optical and magnetic properties., J. Sci. Islamic Republic Iran, 25(4), 339- 343.
- Makhlouf S.A., Bakr Z.H., Aly K., Moustafa M.S. (2013)., Structural, electrical and optical properties of Co3O4 nanoparticles., Superlattices and Microstructures, 64, 107117.
- Rathod P.B., Nemade K.R. and Waghuley S.A. (2015)., Study of Structure and Optical for Chemically Synthesized Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles., Int. J. Chem. Phys. Sci. 4, 491-95.
- Farhadi Saeed, Sepahdar Asma and Jahanara Kosar (2013)., Spinel-Type Cobalt Oxide (Co3O4) Nanoparticles from the mer-Co (NH3)3(NO2)3 Complex: Preparation, Characterization and Study of Optical and Magnetic Properties., J. nanostruct., 3(2), 199- 207.
- Al-Tuwirqi R., Al-Ghamdia A.A., Aal N.A., Umar A. and Mahmoud W.E. (2011)., Facile synthesis and optical properties of Co3O4 nanostructures by the microwave route., Superlattices and Microstruct, 49(4), 416421.
- Sarma H. and Sarma K.C. (2014)., X-ray Peak Broadening Analysis of ZnO Nanoparticles Derived by Precipitation method., Int. J. Sci. Res. Publi., 4(3), 1-7.
- Pejova B., Isahi A., Najdoski M. and Grozdanov I. (2001)., Fabrication and characterization of nanocrystalline cobalt oxide thin films., Mater. Res. Bull., 36(1), 161170.
- Nemade K.R. and Waghuley S.A. (2013)., UVVIS spectroscopic study of one pot synthesized strontium oxide quantum dots., Res. Phys. 3, 5254.