Methanolic extraction and isolation of bioactive chemicals from Pithecellobium dulce leaves by column chromatography and GC-MS studies
- 1Department of Industrial Chemistry; Arts, Science and Commerce College, Chikhaldara, Amravati, MS-444807, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 49-52, January,18 (2017)
Pithecellobium dulce is a species family Fabaceae, that is native to the India mostly Maharashtra area of Vidarbha. Pithecellobium dulce found secondary metabolism. It is used as medicinal plant. The methanolic extract of leaves was obtained by Soxhelt extractor followed by concentration in rotary evaporator. Separation of bioactive chemicals was carried out by column chromatography while studies by GC-MS which shows presence of following bioactive chemicals Squalene,9-Octadecenoic acid(Z)-,2-hydroxy-13propanediyl ester; 9 9-Octdecenoic acid,1,2,3-propanetriyl ester.
- Grandtner Miroslav M. (2005)., Elsevier, 1. Elsevier. 670–671.
- Little E.L. and Wadsworth F.H. (1964)., Common trees of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands., Agricultural Handbook. No. 249. US Department of Agriculture. Washington D.C.
- Maria Jancy Rani J., Chandramohan G. and Renganathan R. (2012)., antioxidant activity, preliminary phytochemical investication and gc-ms Study of bougain villea glabra choicy leaves., International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; 4(2), 12-16.
- Laurence Dinana, Juraj Harmatha and Rene´Lafont (2001)., Chromatographic procedures for the isolation of plant steroids., Journal of Chromatography, 935(1–2), 105–123.
- Umesh Khandekar, Anil Bobade, Rahul Ghongade and Sachin Jolhe (2015)., Studies on Pharmacological and Chemical Composition of Crude Plant Extract of Rivea Hypocrateriformis., Am. J. Pharm Tech Res.; 5(3), 297-306
- Abirami P. and Rajendran A. (2002)., GC-MS analysis of methanol extract of Vernonia cinera., European Journal Experiment biology, 2(1) 9-12 ,.
- Smith Theresa J. (2000)., Squalene: potential chemopreventive agent., Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 9(8), 1841–1848.
- Owen R.W., Haubner R., Würtele G., Hull W.E., Spiegelhalder B. and Bartsch H. (2004)., Olives and olive oil in cancer prevention., European Journal of Cancer Prevention,13 (4), 319–26