Synthesis and characterization of complexes of 2-chloropyridine-3-carboxamide
- 1P.G. Department of Chemistry, Shri Shivaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Akola-444 003, MS, India
- 2P.G. Department of Chemistry, Shri Shivaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Akola-444 003, MS, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 45-48, January,18 (2017)
Certain metal complexes exhibit different characteristic properties depending on the nature of the metal as well as the type of ligand. The complexes of Mn(II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cr(III), Cu(II), Zn(II) and Cd(II) with the chelating ligand derived from 1-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl) ethanone and 2-chloropyridine-3-carboxamide have been synthesized. The chelates have been characterized on the basis of elemental analyses, IR, 1HNMR, diffuse reflectance spectral and magnetic moment studies. The complexes are found to be colored and stable in air at room temperature. The structure of the ligands were elucidated by spectral studies which indicate the presence of two or three coordinating groups in ligands which may be oxygen atom of the phenolic -OH group, the nitrogen atom of the azomethine (C=N) group and the oxygen atom of the carbonyl group.
- Harned H.S. and Owen B.B. (1950)., The Physical Chemistry of electrolyte solutions., Food and agriculture Organization of the united nations.
- Garnovskii A.D., Nivorozhkin A.L. and Minkin V.I. (1993)., Ligand environment and the structure of Schiff base adducts and tetracoordinated metal-chelates., Coord. Chem. Rev., 126, 13-18.
- Ettling C. (1840)., Untersuchungen über das ätherische Oel der Spiraea Ulmaria und die salicylige Säure., Justus Liebigs Annalen der Chemie., 35, 241.
- Kushwah N.P., Pal M.K., Wadawale A.P. and Jain V.K. (2009)., Diorgano-gallium and indium complexes with salen ligands: Synthesis, characterization, crystal structure and C–C coupling reactions., J.Organomet. Chem., 694(15), 2375–2379
- Andrez J.C. (2009)., Aromatic oxidative decompositions of copper Schiff base complexes., Tetrahedron Lett., 50(29), 4225–4228.
- Zhang Y., Xiang L., Wang Q. and Duan X.F. (2008)., G. Zi., Inorg. Chim. Acta, 361, 1246.
- Srinivasan K., Biravaganesh R., Gandhimathi R. and Ramasamy P. (2002), Growth and characterization of NMBA (4-nitro-4′-methyl benzylidene aniline) single crystals., J. Cryst. Growth, 236(1–3), 381–392.
- Azariah A.N., Hameed A.S. H., Thenappan T., Noel M. and Ravi G. (2004)., Crystal growth and characterization of 4-nitro-4′-methoxy benzylidene aniline (NMOBA)., Mater. Chem. Phys., 88(1), 90–96.
- Leela S., Ramamurthi K. and Bhagavannarayana G. (2009)., Synthesis, growth, spectral, thermal, mechanical and optical properties of 4-chloro-4′dimethylamino-benzylidene aniline crystal: A third order nonlinear optical material., Spectrochim. Acta, 74(1), 78–83.
- K. Nakamoto (1986)., Infrared and Raman spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds., , 4th ed., John Wiley and Sons.