Synthesis, compositional and spectral studies of some transition metal complexes with 3-aminolawsonoxime
- 1Department of Chemistry, Dr. A.G.D. Bendale Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jalgaon-425001, MS, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Bhusawal Arts, Science and P O N Commerce College, Bhusawal-425201, MS, India
- 3Ex. Director, BCUD, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon-425001, MS, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 25-31, January,18 (2017)
The metal complexes which were synthesized from organic compounds containing oxygen and nitrogen donors are of great interest for structural study. The derivative of quinine, lawson (2-hydroxy-1,4- naphthoquinone) is natural coloring matter and is also indicated in the treatment of various ailment and diseases and as disinfectant. The hydroxyl derivative of 1,4- naphthoquinone is of great interest due to its slight therapeutic property. The general method is adopted for preparation of oxime, the ligand 3-Aminolawsoneoxime (3-Amino-2-hydroxy, 4-keto 1-naphthoxime) was synthesized from 3-Amino-2-hydroxy-1, 4-Naphthoquinone. Some of the transition metal such as Fe, Co, Ni and Cu are in form of their salts were used for the complexation. The synthesized complexes were characterized by various physico-chemical techniques such as compositional studies and spectral studies. It has been found that the probable formulation of the complexes is M L (H2O) 2. Wherein M : L stoichiometry is 1:1.The spectral data while and magnetic studies of the metal complexes proposed distorted tetrahedral structure for Fe, Co and Ni complexes and square planer structure may be proposed for copper complex.
- Schnitzer M. and Khan S.U. (1972)., Humic Substances in the Environment., Marcel Dekker: New York P-17.
- Morton B.A. (1965)., Biochemistry of Quinone., Academic Press New York , 169.
- R.E. O’lson Ed (1972)., Perspective in Biological Chemistry., Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York, 119.
- Gupta A. D., (1948)., Charak Samita composed by Maharshi Agnivesh (trans.)., Second Edition, Bhargav Pustkalaya, Varanasi, 503.
- Padhye S.B., Amodikar S.A., Vakil J.R. and Pendse G.S. (1974)., 14th Annual conference of Association of Microbiologist of India., 1, 34.
- Shashri S.P. (2009)., Sushrut Samhita., Swaraswti Pustakalaya, Kanpur, India, 359.
- Kelkar V.D. (1979)., Metal Chelates of Some Halogen hydroxy-naphthoquinone., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Padhye M.V. (1980)., Study on Metal Chelates of some o-hydroxy quinone derivatives., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Jagtap S.B., Chikate R.C., Kulkarni B.A., Yemul O. and Ghadage R. (2004)., T hermal, spectral and magnetic properties of 2-hydroxy-1,4-naphthoquinone monoximates of Ho(III), Er(III) and Yb(III)., Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 78(1), 251-262
- Garge P.L., Padhye S.B. and Gupta M.P. (1988)., High-spin iron(II) complexes of ortho functionalized para-quinones as models for quinone binding sites in reaction centers of photosynthetic bacteria., Inorg. Chim.Acta. 152(1), 37-40.
- Garge P., Chikate R., Padhye S. and Tuchagues J.P. (1989)., Iron(II) complexes of o-functionalised para naphtho- quinones. 1. Syn-thesis, characterization, electronic structure and magnetic properties., Inorg. Chim Acta., 157(2), 239-249.
- Garge P., Chikate R., Padhye S. and Tuchagues J.P. (1990)., Iron (II) complexes of o-functionalised p- naphtho-quinones.2 crystal and molecular structure of bis(aquo) bis (lawsone) iron(II) and intermolecular magnetic exchange interactions in bis (3-aminolawsone iron(II)., Inorg. Chem., 29, 3315.
- Kolhe V.C. (1983)., Studies on Transition Metal Complexes of some Biological Electron Transfer Reactions., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Bajaj H.A. (1992)., Synthesis and characterization of lanthanide complexes with 3-amino, 2-hydroxy 1, 4- naphthoquinone., M.Phil. Thesis, University of Poona.
- Patil K.D., Thombare A.L. and Rupali Patil (2014)., Synthesis, Characterization, Thermogravimetric Studies of Bis-Phthiocolmonoximato Iron III Adducts., Int. Journal. Chem. Sci., 12(4), 1169-1178.
- Pierpont C.G. and Buchanan R. M. (1981)., Transition metal complexes of o-benzoquinone, o-semiquinone and catecholate ligands., Coord. Chem. Rev., 38, 45.
- Magers K.D., Smith C.G. and Sawyer D.T. (1978)., Polarographic and spectroscopic studies of the manganese(II), (III) and (IV) complexes formed by polyhydroxy ligands., Inorg. Chem, 17, 715.
- Nagase Y. and Matsumoto U. (1961)., Studies on Application of Naphthoquinone Derivatives as Organic Reagents. II. Precipitation and Color Reactions of 3-Aminolawsone with Metal Ions., Yakugaku Zansshi, 81, 627.
- Nemade A.M. and Kolhe V.C. (2016)., The Study of Thermal and Magnetic properties of Fe (II), Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) Metal Complexes with 3 Aminolawsone oxime., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 8(4), 878.
- Patil K.D. (1992)., Ligand Induced Reactivity Pathway in Nickel Oximates of Vitamin K Analogues., M Phil. Thesis, University of Poona.
- Vinogradov S.N. and Linnel R.H. (1986)., Hydrogen Bonding., Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York.
- Gaultier J. and Hauw C. (1965)., Structures crystalline des derives et 2,3 dela naphthoquinone 1,4 III, chloro -2- amino naphthoquinone., Acta. Cryst., 19, 585.
- Padhye S.B. (1973)., Studies in Some Naturally Occurring Isomeric Juglones., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Rane S.Y. (1978)., Metal Chelates of Methylated Juglones., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Kelkar V.D. (1979)., Metal Chelates of some Halogen hydroxy naphthoquinone., Doctorate Thesis, University of Poona.
- Chakaravorty A. (1974)., Structural chemistry of transition metal complexes of oxime., Co-ord.Chem.Rev., 13, 1.
- Kumar D.H. (1988)., Study the complexes of metal oximates., M. Phil Thesis, University of Poona.
- Rane S.Y., Padhye S.B., Natu G. N., Kumbhar A.S. and Khan E. M. (1989)., Kinetics of dehydration in chelates of quinones involved in Photosystem II., Journal of Thermal Analysis, 35, 2321
- Condrate R.A. and Nakamto K. (1965)., Infrared Spectra and Normal Coordinate Analysis of Metal Glycino Complexes., J. Chem. Phys., 42, 2590.
- Dwivedi B.K., Bhatnagar K. and Shrivastav A.K. (1986)., Coordination Compounds of Tin(II) Chloride, Bromide and Isothiocyanate with Schiff Bases Derived from 2-Hydroxy-1-naphthaldehyde., Synth. React. Inorg. Met. Org. Chem., 16, 715.