Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Screening of Azo Compounds containing 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde Moiety
- 1 Department of Chemistry, Vidyabharati Mahavidyalaya, Amravati-444602, Maharashtra, India
- 2 Department of Chemistry, Vidyabharati Mahavidyalaya, Amravati-444602, Maharashtra, India
- 3 Department of Chemistry, Vidyabharati Mahavidyalaya, Amravati-444602, Maharashtra, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 1-5, September,18 (2016)
Some azo compounds (1a-e) were synthesized by simple diazotization reaction of five different substituted aromatic amines using sodium nitrite and hydrochloric acid followed by coupling with 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde in alkaline medium. Synthesized azo compounds have been confirmed by UV, IR and 1H NMR spectral data and also screened for their antibacterial activity using disc diffusion method.
- Maynard C.W. (1983)., Dye application, manufacture of dye intermediates and dyes., in book Riegelís Handbook of Industrial Chemistry, 3rd ed. Van Nostard Reinhold, New York, 809-861.
- Sudhir Kumar P., Ghosh G., Rout S.K. and Paul D. (2013)., Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel 4-hydroxy coumarin derivatives bearing azo moiety., Rasayan J.Chem., 6(2), 147-152.
- Bae J.S., Freeman H.S. and El-Shafei A. (2003)., Metallization of non-genotoxic direct dyes., Dyes and Pigments, 57(2), 121.
- Sanjay F.T., Dinesh M.P., Manish P.P. and Ranjan G.P. (2007)., Synthesis and antibacterial activity of novel pyraazolo [3, 4-b] quinoline base heterocyclic azo compounds and their dyeing performance., Saudi Pharm. Journal, 15(1), 48.
- Child R.G., Wilkinson R.G. and Tomcu-Fucik A. (1977)., Effect of substrate orientation of the adhesion of polymer joints., Chem. Abstr., 87, 6031.
- Garg H.G. and Prakash C.J. (1972)., Preparation of 4-arylazo-3, 5-disubstituted-(2H)-1, 2, 6-thiadizine1, 1-dioxides., Journal Med. Chem., 15(4), 435.
- Koshti S.M., Sonar J.P., Sonawane A.E., Pawar Y.A., Nagle P.S., Mahulikar P.P. and More D.H. (2008)., Synthesis of azo compounds containing thymol moiety., Indian J. Chem., 47B, 329.
- Saley S. and Tilloo S. (2012)., Synthesis of some new azo compounds and their antimicrobial screening., Int. J. Pharm.Tech., 4(3), 4600.