Variation of Global Solar Radiation at different altitudes of Mid-Western Region, Nepal
- 1Mahendra Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepalganj, Nepal
- 2Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 3Central Department of Physics, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 24-28, August,18 (2016)
The experimental results on global solar radiation in some locations in Nepal measured by calibrated pyranometer at Jumla(29.27°N to 82.18°E, 2514.0m), Dang (28.70°N, 82.18°E, 603.0m) and Nepalgunj (28.05°N, 81.62°E, 150.0m) since 2011. The influence of different meteorological as well as physical parameters to the intensity of global solar radiation was analyzed. This research highlighted fluctuation of the measured value of global solar radiation with local weather condition. Measured global solar radiation data shows that there is about 7.5% per km increase in Jumla in comparision with Dang and Nepalgunj. This result conformed that there is strong correlation found in between altitude and global solar radiation. In addition the GSR varies with environmental pollution and local weather condition.
- Shashaank Shekhar I.P. (2012)., Direct Normal irradiance., New Delhi: Compendium of National Training Programme On RETScreen International Software for Evaluationof Renewable Energy Projects.
- WECS (2010)., Water Energy Commission Secretariat., Energy sector Synopsis Report.
- Kerr J.B. (2003)., Understanding the factors for affect surface UV radiation., Ultraviolet Ground andspace based measurements,Model, and effects, 1-14.
- Salby M. (1996)., Fundamentals of Atmospheric Physics., 61, International Geophysics Series, Academic Press.
- Seckmeyer G.E. (1996)., Transmittance of a cloud is wavelength dependent in UV Range., Geophys, Res, Lett., 23(20), 2753-2755.
- RECAST TU. (2001)., Development of Solar Dryers in Nepal., 10-11.
- Thapa M.K., Bhattarai B.K.,Gurung S.,Sapkota B.K. and poudyal K.N.(2016)., Diurnal and Monthly Variation of Aerosol optical Depth and Angstrom, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences Volume, 6(2), 40-44.
- Barry R.G. and Chorley R.J. (1978)., Atmosphere, Weather and Climate., 40-41.
- WMO (2003)., Scientific Assessment of Ozone depletion., Global Ozone research and Monitoring Project Report, 47.
- Schmucki. D.A. and Philipona Rolf (2002)., Ultraviolet radiation in the Alps:the altitude effect., Opt. Eng., 41, 5369-5383.
- Poudyal K.N., Bhattarai B.K., Sapkota B. and Kjeldstad Berit (2012)., Estimation of Global solar Radiation using Sunshine duration in Himalaya Region., Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 2(11), 20-25.
- Kipp and Zonen (2008)., CMP series instruction manual., Kipp and Zonen B.V., Delftech park 36, Netherlands.