N-[AMIDO] Substituted Pyrazole Compound used as Corrosive Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acidic Environment
- 1Department of Chemistry, Shri Shivaji Science College, Congress Nagar, Nagpur-440012 MS, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, Shri Shivaji Science College, Congress Nagar, Nagpur-440012 MS, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 1-5, August,18 (2016)
The corrosion of metals and alloys in acidic medium is a world-wide scientific problem as it affects the various processes like metallurgical, chemical and oil industries. Thus, an inhibition action of 1-N amido 3-methyl 4[2-methoxy] phenyl amino 1, 2-pyrazole on corrosion of steel in acidic medium has been investigated by weight loss method. Result obtained reveals that presence of these compounds reduces corrosion rate. Corrosion action increases with the increase in concentration of pyrazoles compounds. The increase in temperature leads to decrease in the inhibition efficiency of the compounds.
- Rao R.M., Reddy G.N. and Sreeramulu J. (2011)., Synthesis of some new pyrazolo -pyrazole derivatives containing indoles with antimicrobial activity., Der Pharma Chemica, 3(5), 301-309.
- Sharshira E.M. and Hamada N.M. (2011)., Synthesis and in Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Some Pyrazolyl-1-carboxamide Derivatives., Molecules, 16, 7736-7745
- Siddique N.S., Idrees M., Khati N.T. and Dhonde M.C. (2013)., Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activities of Some New Pyrazoles, Oxadiazoles and Isoxazole Bearing Benzofuran Moiety., South African Journal of Chemistry, 66, 7-11.
- Mistry B.D., Desai K.R., Patel J.A. and Patel N.I. (2012)., Conventional and microwave assisted synthesis of pyrazole derivatives and screening of their antibacterial and antifungal activities., Indian journal of chemistry, 51(B), 746-751.
- Elenany M.M., EL-Meligie S.M., Abdou N.A. and EL-Nassan H.B. (2010)., Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 3,5-diaryl-4,5-dihydropyrazole derivatives., Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 26(4), 1265-1270.
- Rao R.M., Sreeramulu J., Ravindranath L.K., Reddy G.N., Hanumanthurayudu K., Reddy G.N., Jayaraju A and Madhusudhan P. (2012)., Synthesis and biological screening of some Pyridine and Pyrrole derivatives of Pyrazolo [3, 4-c] pyrazoles., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 4(1), 272-278.
- Dabhi H.R., Rana A.K. and Parmar K.H. (2014)., Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial screening of some novel Heterocyclic compounds derived from chalcone., Pelagia Research Library Der Chemica Sinica, 5(6), 64-68.
- Kedar R.M. (2001)., Synthesis of 1- Carboxamido- 3, 5 Diaryl- Pyrazolines and their Antimicrobial Study., Asian Journal of Chemistry, 13(2), 477-480.
- Herrag L., Chetouani A., Elkadiri S., Hammouti B. and Aouniti B. (2008)., Pyrazole Derivatives as Corrosion Inhibitors for Steel in Hydrochloric Acid., Portugaliae Electrochimica Acta, 26, 211-220.
- Ezhilarasi M.R., Prabha B. and Santhi T (2015)., Pyrazole Methyl Substituted Compound used as a Corrosive Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acidic Environment., Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 5(5), 1-12.
- Eno E. Ebenso, Ime B. Obot and Murulana L.C. (2010)., Quinoline and its Derivatives as Effective Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel in Acidic Medium., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 5, 1574-1586.
- Al-Doori H.H. and Mehdi S. Shihab. (2014)., Study of Some [N-substituted] p-aminoazobenzene as Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild-Steel in 1M H2SO4., Journal of Al-Nahrain University, 17(3), 59-68.
- Yaro A.S. and Dhuha A. Abdulaaima (2012)., Phenyl Thiourea as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Strong Hydrochloric Acid., Iraqi Journal of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, 13(2) 1-9.
- Ghazoui A., Saddik R., Benchat N, Guenbou M., Hammouti B., Al-Deyab S.S. and Zarrouk A. (2012)., Comparative Study of Pyridine and Pyrimidine Derivatives as Corrosion Inhibitors of C38 Steel in Molar HCl., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 7, 7080-7097.
- Fouda A.S., Rashwan S. and ElghazyY.K. (2013)., Methyl Orange as Corrosion Inhibitor for Carbon Steel in Hydrochloric Acid Solutions., International Journal of Advanced Research, 1(10), 568-589.
- Edrah S. and Hasan S.K. (2010)., Studies on Thiourea Derivatives as Corrosion Inhibitor for Aluminium in Sodium Hydroxide Solution., Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 6(8), 1045-1049.