Study of Noise Pollution during Ganesh Utsav and Durga Utsav in Yavatmal City in 2016
- 1Mungasaji Maharaj Mahaviyalaya, Darwha Dist. Yavatmal, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 36-40, June,18 (2016)
The study of noise pollution is a very serious problem of today.Noise levels was studied at various Ganesh and DurgaUtsav places in Yavatmal city.The noise level was measured with the help of sound level meterduring the utsav period.from the present study it is concluded that the noise levels are elevated due to modern electronic devises such as D.J. , Drums and loud speakers.Due to elevated noise levels there is interference in communications, mental unrestlessness and sleeplessness.
- Vidyasagar T. and Rao G.N. (2006)., Noise Pollution Levels in Visakhapatnam City (India)., Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, 48, 139-142.
- WHO (1980)., Environmental health criteria of noise., World Health Organization.
- Meshram Pramod M. (2013)., Study of noise pollution during Ganesh Festival in Yavatmal City., International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences, 2(1), 496-499.
- Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (2016)., Monitoring Ganesh Utsav Noise Report., http:// mpcb.gov.in/images/pdf/, 09 May 2016
- Singal S.P. (2000)., Noise pollution and control., Narosa publication House N.D. 68-98, ISBN 81-7319-363-0.
- Saler P. and Vibhute Satyasheel (2012)., Ganeshotsav- a festival of noise., Journal of Engineering Research and Studies, 3(1), 81–83.