Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polymer Composite Films: Polypyrrole and Polyethylene Oxide
- 1Deptartment of Science and Humanities, Government Polytechnic, Amravati, Maharashtra, India
- 2Deptartment of Physics, Government Vidarbha Institute of Science and Humanities, Amravati, Maharashtra, India
- 3Deptartment of Physics, Government Vidarbha Institute of Science and Humanities, Amravati, Maharashtra, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (4), Pages 28-31, April,18 (2016)
Polypyrrole (PPy) - Polyethylene oxide (PEO) composite thin films were synthesized by chemical oxidative polymerization method with ferric chloride (FeCl3) as oxidant in methanol solvent. The composite films were synthesized with various weight percentages of pyrrole, and characterized by FT-IR spectroscopy, conductivity measurement. The FT-IR result shows the successful incorporation of PEG into the PPy structure forming PPy-PEG composite films. The dc electrical conductivity of the films, at 318K, first increases with wt% of pyrrole and attains the maximum value (&
- Jude O.I. and Kirill L. (2002)., Electrochemical synthesis of polypyrrole / polyimide conducting composite using a polyamic acid precursor., J. Euro. Polym, 38, 1547-1550.
- Kiani M.S. and Mitchell G.R. (1992)., Structure Property Relationship in Electrically Conducting Co-polymers Formed From Pyrrole and N-Methyl Pyrrole., Synth Met, 46, 293-306.
- Wernet W., Monkenbusch M. and Wegner G. (1984)., A New Series of Conducting Polymers with Layered structure: Polypyrrole n-alkylsulfates and n-alkylsulfonates., Macromol Chem Rapid Commun, 5, 157-164.
- Cheung K.M., Bloor D. and Stevens G.C. (1990)., The influence of unusual counterions on the electrochemistry and physical properties of polypyrrole., J. Mat. Sci., 25, 3814-3837.
- Buckley L.J., Royland D.K. and Wnek G.E. (1987)., Influence the Dopant Ion and Synthesis Variables of Mechanical Properties of Polypyrrole Film., J Polym Sci Part B Polym Phys, 25, 2179-2188.
- Takeoka S., Hara T., Fukushima K., Yamamoto K. and Tsuchida E. (1998)., Antioxidative dopant for thermalresisting polypyrrole and its mechanism., Bull Chem Soc Jpn, 71(6), 1471-1476.
- Bunting R.K., Swarat K. and Yan D. (1997)., Synthesis and characterization of a Conducting polymer: An electrochemical experiment for general chemistry., J Chem Edu, 74(4), 421.
- Warren L.F. and Anderson D.P. (1987)., Polypyrrole films from aqueous electrolytes: The effect of anions upon order., J Electrochem Soc, 134(1), 101.
- Niwa O. and Tamamura T. (1984)., Electrochemical polymerization of pyrrole on polymer-coated electrodes., J Chem Soc Chem Commun, 470, 817-818.
- Otero T.F. and Sansinena J.M. (1996)., Influence of synthesis conditions on polypyrrole-poly (styrenesulphonate) composite electroactivity., J Electroanal Chem. 412, 109-116.
- Yan F., Xue G., Chen J. and Lu Y. (2001)., Preparation of a conducting polymer / ferromagne composite film by anodic-oxidation method., Snth Met, 123(1), 17-20.
- Toshima N. and Hara S. (1995)., Direct synthesis of conducting polymers from simple monomers., Prog Polym Sci., 20, 155-183.
- M.E. Nicho and H. Hu (2000)., Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studies of polypyrrole composite coatings., Solar Energy Mater. Solar Cells, 63 423.
- Lim Mei Yee et. al. (2007)., Preparation and Characterization of Conducting Polymer Composite Films: Polypyrrole and Polyethylene Glycol., The Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences, 11, 133-138.
- Aguilar-Hernander J. (2001)., Evaluation of the electrical conductivity of polypyrrole polymer composites., J. Phys. D: Apply. Phys., 34, 1700-1711.
- Gadkari A.B. (2006)., Bull. Mater. Sci., 29, 5 461-466., undefined