Complex Optical Study of Chemically Synthesized Polypyrrole
- 1Department of Physics, S.D. College of Engineering, Wardha 442 001, Maharashtra, India
- 2Department of Physics, Indira Mahavidyalaya, Kalamb 445 401, Maharashtra, India
- 3Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati 444 602, Maharashtra, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (4), Pages 24-27, April,18 (2016)
In the present work, different complex optical parameters were computed for chemically synthesized polypyrrole (PPy). The absorbance, extinction coefficient, refractive index, optical conductivity, real and imaginary dielectric constants were considered as complex optical parameters. The average polymer chain separation for as-synthesized PPy computed using X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) technique. Simple approach that is ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy was employed to investigate complex optical parameters. The obtained results are found compatible with recent reports in literature and found suitable for terahertz technology application.
- Al-Mashat L., Tran H.D., Wlodarski W., Kaner R.B. and Kalantar Zadeh K. (2008)., Conductometric hydrogen gas sensor based on polypyrrole nanofibers., IEEE Sensors Journal, 8, 365–370.
- Abdulla H.S. and Abbo A.I. (2012)., Optical and electrical properties of thin films of polyaniline and polypyrrole., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 7, 10666-10678.
- Thombare J.V., Shinde S.K., Lohar G.M., Umesh Chougale, Dhasade S.S. and Dhaygude H.D. (2014)., Optical properties of electrochemically synthesized polypyrrole thin films: The electrolyte effect., Journal of Semiconductors, 6, 35-40.
- Saxena R., Sharma K., Saxena N.S. and Sharma T.P. (2009)., Effect of annealing on structural and optical properties of polypyrrole doped with different acids., Polymer Composites, 30, 820–826.
- Waghuley S.A., Yenorkar S.M., Yawale S.S. and Yawale S.P. (2008)., Application of chemically synthesized conducting polymer-polypyrrole as a carbon dioxide gas sensor., Sens. Actuators B, 128, 366–373.
- Nemade K.R. and Waghuley S.A. (2013)., UV–VIS spectroscopic study of one pot synthesized strontium oxide quantum dots., Results in Physics, 3, 52–54.
- K.R. Nemade and S.A. Waghuley (2014)., Synthesis of MgO nanoparticles by solvent mixed spray pyrolysis technique for optical investigation., Int. J. Metals, 389416-389420.
- Bakr N.A., Funde A.M., Waman V.S., Kamble M.M., Hawaldar R.R., Amalnerkar D.P., Gosavi S.W. and Jadkar S.R. (2011)., Determination of the optical parameters of a-Si:H thin films deposited by hot wire–chemical vapour deposition technique using transmission spectrum only Pramana., J. Physics, 76, 519–531.