Statistical Material Balance Analysis of Water Drive Reservoirs
- 1Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 51-58, February,18 (2016)
Statistical approach of advancing material balance analysis of undersaturated reservoir under water drive mechanism was investigated in this research study. Formulated model was solved by using rotational discrimination technique’s algorithm arising from the weighted steepest descent model to pertub the objective function of the formulated model.The algorithm was applied to determine the stock tank oil initial in place, cumulative production from the reservoir and water influx into the reservoir. The regressed results from the algorithm history matched production history based on stock tank oil initial in place, cumulative production and water influx into the reservoir with a deviation of 0.1456 percent for the stock tank oil initial in place.
- Fair Jr W.B. (1994), A Statistical Approach to MaterialBalance Methods, Paper was prepared for presentation atthe SPE 69th Annual Technical Conference andExhibition held in New Orleans, LA, U.S.A. SPE 28629
- Ahmed T and McKinney P.D. (2005), AdvancedReservoir Engineering, Elsevier’s Gulf professionalPublishing.
- Ertekin T, Abou-Kassem J.H. and King G.R. (2001), Basic Applied Reservoir Simulation, SPE Textbook, Vol10, Richardson, Texas.
- McCain Jr W.D. and Holditch S.A. (1994), HeavyComponents Control Reservoir Fluid Behaviour, Journalof Petroleum Technology, SPE, 28214, 746–750.
- Ezekwe N. (2011), Petroleum Reservoir EngineeringPractice, Pearson Education, Incorporatedl, Boston, 255–293. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-715283-4
- Pletcher J.L. (2002), Improvements to Reservoir MaterialBalance Methods. First Presented at the 2000 AnnualTechnical Conference and Exhibition, Dallas. SPE 75354
- Law V.J. and Fariss R.H. (1972), TransformationalDiscrimination for Unconstrained Optimization, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals,11(2).
- Agarwal R., Li Y.K. and Nghiem L.X. (1987), ARegression Technique with Dynamic Parameter Selectionfor Phase Behaviour Matching, Paper presented at theSociety of Petroleum Engineer California RegionalMeeting, Ventura. California, 8th-10th April. SPE 16343.