Structural and Pesticidal Studies of Monobutyltin (IV) Derivatives of 1-Hydroxy-2-Naphthoic Acid
- 1Department of Applied Sciences (Chemistry), Hindustan Institute of Technology and Management, Keetham, Agra, 282 007, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 37-39, February,18 (2016)
Some organotin (IV) derivatives have prepared by treating the monobutyltin triisopropoxide with 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid in 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 and 2:1 molar ratios. The synthesized derivatives are characterized by their elemental analyses, IR spectral analyses, 1HNMR spectral analyses and molar conductance measurements. The products are screened for their pesticidal activities against the pest ‘Red Flour Beetle’ (Tribolium castaneum). The derivatives so obtained shown increased pesticidal activities as compared to the ligand.
- Arakawa Y. (1989), Main Group Metal Chem., 12, 1.
- Saxena A.K. (1987). Appl. Organometal. Chem., 1, 39.
- Dey K. and Mukhopadhyay S. (2001). J. Indian Chem.Soc., 78, 73.
- Gupta P.R., Mishra R.C. and Dogra G.S. (1981), IndianJ. Agric. Sci., 51, 514.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Sharma R.C. (2006), Studies on monobutyltin (IV) derivatives of 3-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid, Asian J. of Chemistry, 18(1), 737-739.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Sharma R.C. (2006), Pesticidal behavior of monobutyltin (IV) derivatives ofsalicylic acid against Red Flour Beetle, J. Ind. CouncilChem., 23(2), 23-26.
- Mittal P. and Pachouri M.K. (2012), Characterization andpesticidal studies of some new Dibutyltin (IV)derivatives of 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid, Res. J. chem.Sci., 2(4), 61-63.
- Mittal P., Pachouri M.K. and Singh N.P. (2013), Synthetic, characterization and pesticidal studies ofDibutyltin (IV) derivatives of salicylic acid, Res. J. chem.Sci., 3(3), 79-81.
- Pachouri M.K. and Mittal P. (2014), Characterization andpesticidal studies of Dibutyltin (IV) derivatives ofdiphenylamine-2-hydroxy-2’-carboxylic acid, Res. J.chem. Sci., 4(1), 75-77.
- Pachouri M.K. and Mittal P. (2015), Synthetic,characterization and pesticidal studies of Dibutyltin (IV)derivatives of diphenylamine-2-amino-2’-carboxylicacid, Res. J. chem. Sci., 5(1), 88-90.
- Gaur D.P., Srivastava G. and Mehrotra R.C. (1973), J.Organometal. Chem., 63, 221.
- Vogel A.I. (1975), Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, Longmans, London.
- Kettle S.F.A. (1975), Coordination Compounds, ThomasNelson and Sons, 168.
- Bellamy L.J. (1962), The Infra-red Spectra of ComplexMolecules, Methuen, London.
- Nakanishi K. and Soloman P.H. (1962), Infra-redAbsorption Spectroscopy 2nd Ed., Holden-Day, London.
- Silverstein R.M., Bassler G.C. and Morrill T.C. (1981), Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, John Wiley, New York.
- Brown M.P., Okawara R. and Rochow E.G. (1960), Spectrochim. Acta, 16, 595.
- Pardhy S.A., Gopinathan S. and Gopinathan C. (1983), Synth. React. Inorg. Met. Org. Chem., 13, 305.
- Peruzzo V., Plazzogna G. and Tagliavini G. (1970), Organometal. Chem., 24, 347.
- Srivastava T.N. and Singh J.D. (1985), Indian J. Chem.,24A, 489.
- Asahi Research Centre Co. Ltd. Tokyo (1985), HandBook of Proton NMR Spectra and Data, Vol. 2nd & 4th,Academic Press, Japan.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Report of DDTAdvisory Committee (1975)