Effect of Metal ions (Common anions with same concentration) on photo assisted Bleaching of Malachite Green by Nb2O5
- 1Department of Chemistry, Mewar University, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, S.G.G.Government Collage, Banswara, Rajasthan, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 10-14, February,18 (2016)
Photo catalytic degradation of Malachite Green has been investigated in the presence of Nb2O5 and the progress of reaction was observed spectrophotometrically. The outcome of several operational parameters like concentration of the dye, amount of photo catalyst, pH and nature of photo catalyst has been studied on degradation of malachite green. It was also study that what’s effect of addition of common cation and anion such as Na+, K+, Ca+2, Ba+2, Cl-, SO4-2 and CO3-2 It has been found that limited quantity of all metal ions increases the reaction rate to some extent. A tentative reaction and mechanism has been proposed.
- Safarik I, Nymburska K and Safaikova M. (1997). J.Chem. Tech. Biotechnology, 69, 1.
- More AT, Vira A and Fogel S. (1989). Environ. Sci.Technol, 23, 403.
- Slokar YM and Le Marechal AM. (1998). DyesPigments, 37, 1160.
- Kuo WG. (1992). Wat. Res. , 26, 881.
- Morisson C., Bandara J., Kiwi J. and Lopez A. (1996), J.Adv. Oxid. Technol, 1, 160.
- Arslan I., Akmehmet T. and Tuhkamen T. (1999).Environ. Technol, 20, 921.
- Lachheb H. Puzenat E. Houas A. M Ksibi; E Elaloui; CGuillard; JM Herrmann. Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 2002,39, 75.
- Konstantinou I K and Albanis TA. (2004), Appl. Catal.B: Environ., 49, 1.
- Zhang F, Zhao J, Shen T, Hidaka H, Pellizzetti E andSerpone N. (1998), Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 15, 147.
- Dakiky M and Nemcova I. (2000). Dyes Pigments, 44,181.
- Daneshvar N, Salari D and Khataee AR. (2003). J.Photochem. Photobiol. A, 157, 111.
- Brown MA, De SC and Vito C. (1993). Rev. Environ.Sci.Technol., 23, 249.
- Muruganandham M and Swaminathan M. (2007), DyesPigments, 72, 137.
- Lucas MS and Peres JA. (2006) Dyes Pigments, 71, 235., undefined, undefined
- IBS Will and JEF Moraes. (2004). Sep. Purif. Technol.,34, 51.
- Zheng H and Xiang X. (2004). Spectrosc. Spectr. Anal.24, 726.
- Sandhya S, Padmavathy S, Swaminathan K,Subrahmanyam YV and Kaul SN. (2005), ProcessBiochemistry, 40, 885-890.
- Golka K, Kopps S and Myslak ZW. (2004), ToxicologyLetters, 151, 203-210.
- Gnanamani A, Bhaskar M, Ganga R, Sekaran G, SadullaS. (2004), Chemosphere, 56, 833-841.
- Bhandari S, Vardia J, Malkani RK and Ameta SC.(2006), Toxicol Environ Chem, 88(1), 35–40.