Synthesis of Graphene Oxide by Hummer’s Method and its Physical Applications
- 1Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
- 2Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
- 3Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
- 4Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati- 444602, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (11), Pages 48-50, November,18 (2016)
Graphene is newly invented material which is very important in condensed matter physics and material science. Graphene has high crystal and electronics properties. Graphene is a two dimentional crystal made up of only carbon atoms. Graphene does not requires any proof of its importance because of its electronic spectrum, grapheme is emerging as a new standard of “relativistic” condensed matter physics. It is 100 times stronger than steel. This review deals with the synthesis methods, characterizations and applications.
- Stankovich et.al. (2006)., Graphene-based composite materials., nature, 422, 282-286.
- Eda G. and Fanchini G. et.al., Large-area ultrathin films of reduce graphene oxide As a transparent and flexible electronicmaterial., Nature nanotechnology, 3, 270-274.
- Wang X., Zhi L and Mullen K. (2007)., Transparent, conductive graphene electrodes for Dyesensitized solar cells., Nano letters, 8, 323-327.
- Dikin D.A., Stankovich S., Zimmey E.J. and Piner R.D. et al. (2007)., Preparation and characterization Ofgraphene oxide paper., nature, 448, 457-460.
- Park S., Mohanty N. and Sui D. et.al. (2010)., Flexible, magnetic and electrically conductive graphene /Fe3O4 Paper and its application for magneticcontrolled switches., J. Phys. Chem. C, 114(41), 17465- 174771.
- Bunch J.S., van der Zande A.M., Verbridge S.S. and Frank I.W. et.al. (2007)., Electromechanical Resonators from Graphene sheets., Science, 315(5811), 490-493.
- Eda G. and Chhowalla M. (2009)., Graphene-based Composite Thin Films for Electronics., 9:814-818.
- Mohanty N. and Berry V. (2008)., Graphene-based singal-becterium resolution biodevice and DNA transistor: Interfacing graphene derivative with nanoscale and microscale Biocomponents., Nano Letters, 8, 4469-4476.
- Katsnelson Mikhail (2007)., Graphene: carbon in two dimensions., Materials Today, 10(1-2), 20-27.
- Geim A.K. and Novoselov K.S. (2007)., The rise of grapheme., Nature materials, 3, 183-191.
- Chae H.K., Siberio-Pérez D.Y. and Kim J. et.al. (2004)., A route to high surface area, porosity and Inclusion of large molecules in crystals., Nature, (6974), 523-527.
- Schadler L.S. and Giannaris S.C. et.al. (1998)., Load transfer in carbon nanotube epoxy composites., Applied Physics Letters, 26, 3842-3484.
- Cao KE and Zimao Y. (2008)., Outstanding Properties and Applications Potentials of grapheme(j)., Materials Review, China Academic Journal Electronic Publishing House,www.cnki.net
- Liang-Xu DONG and Qiang CHEN (2010)., Properties, synthesis, and characterization of grapheme., Sci.China, 1, 45–51.
- Brodie B.C. (1859)., On the atomic weight of graphite., Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond., 149, 249–259.
- Young R.J, Kinloch I.A. and lgong et.al. (2012)., The mechanics of graphenenanocomposites: A Review., Composites Science and Technology, 72(12), 1459–1476.
- Staudenmaier L.V. (1898)., Verfahren zur darstellung der graphitsäure., Ber.Dtsch. Chem. Ges., 31, 1481–1487.
- Hummers W.S. and Offeman R.E. (1958)., Preparation of graphitic oxide., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 80, 1339-1340.
- Marcano D.C., Kosynkin D.V., Berlin J.M., Sinitskii A. and Sun Z. et.al. (2010)., Improved Syntesis of graphene oxide., ACS Nano, 4, 4806–4814. Oxidenanoribbons from Multiwalled carbon nanotubes. ACS Nano, 4, 2059–2069.
- Singh Randhir and kumar Dinesh et.al. (2015)., Grphene :potential material for nanoelectronics applications., IJPAP, 53(8), 501-513
- Li W., Xu Z., Chen L., Shan M. and xtian et al. (2014)., A facile method to produce grapheme Oxide-g-poly (L-lactic acid) as a promising reinforcement for PLLA nanocomposites., Chem. Eng. J., 237, 291-299.
- Das Tapan K and Prusty Smita (2013)., Graphene-Based Polymer Composites and Their Applications., Polymer-Plastic Technology and Engineering, 52(4), 319-331.
- Yong Y.C. and Dong X.C. et.al. (2012)., Macroporous and monolithic anode based on polyaniline Hybridizedthree-dimensional graphene for high-performance microbial fuel cells., ACS Nano, 6, 2394-2400.
- Park T.G, Jeong J.H and Kim S.W. (2006)., Current status of polymeric gene delivery Systems., Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev, 58(4), 467-486.