Green synthesis of Azomethines in natural solvents
- 1Department of Chemistry, Institute of Science, Nagpur, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 10, Issue (3), Pages 44-47, October,18 (2020)
Azomethines are frequently used for industrial purposes, also known as Schiff base, shows a broad range of biological activities. A rapid synthesis of series of biologically active azomethines in natural solvents has been carried out. The percentage yield of the product in various solvents has been determined. The goal of this study was to investigate the percentage yields and time required for the completion of reaction for Schiff bases in green solvents. A comparative analysis of the yield is presented.
- Schiff, H. (1864)., Communications from the University laboratory in Pisa: a new range of organic bases., Annal Chem, 131(1), 118-119.
- Rodrı̀guez-ArgÜelles, M. C., Ferrari, M. B., Bisceglie, F., Pelizzi, C., Pelosi, G., Pinelli, S., & Sassi, M. (2004)., Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of Ni, Cu and Zn complexes of isatin hydrazones., Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 98(2), 313-321.
- Leovac, V. M., Jovanović, L. S., Divjaković, V., Pevec, A., Leban, I., & Armbruster, T. (2007)., Transition metal complexes with thiosemicarbazide-based ligands. Part LIV. Nickel (II) complexes with pyridoxal semi-(PLSC) and thiosemicarbazone (PLTSC). Crystal and molecular structure of [Ni (PLSC)(H2O)3](NO3)2 and [Ni (PLTSC-H) py] NO3., Polyhedron, 26(1), 49-58.
- Wetmore, S.D., Smith, D.M. & Radom, L. (2004)., Enzyme catalysis of 1,2-amino shifts: The cooperative action of B6, B12, and aminomutases., J. Am. Chem. Soc.,123, 8678-8689.
- Chohan, Z.H. and Farooq, M. (2002)., Antibacterial Cobalt(II), Nickel(II) and Zinc(II) Complexes of Nicotinic Acidderived Schiff-bases., J Enz Inhib Med Chem.,17(1), 1.
- Iqbal, A., Siddiqu, H.L., Ashraf, C.M., Ahmad, M. & Weaver, G.W. (2007)., Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Azomethine Derivatives Derived from 2-Formylphenoxyacetic Acid., Molecules.,12,245.
- Jarrahpour, A., Kaalili, D., Clerq, E.D., Salmi, C. & Brunel, J.M. (2007)., Synthesis, Antibacterial, Antifungal and Antiviral Activity Evaluation of Some New bis-Schiff Bases of Isatin and Their Derivatives., Molecules., 12(8), 1720-30.
- Kumar, H. & Chaudhary, R.P. (2010)., Biological studies of a novel azo based Heterocyclic Schiff base and its transition metal complexes., Der Chemica Sinica., 1(2), 55-61.
- Hegazy, W.H. (2012)., Synthesis of organometallic-based biologically active compounds: in vitro antibacterial and antifungal of asymmetric ferrocene-derived Schiff-bases., Int Res J Pure Appl Chem., 2(3), 170.
- Li, S.; Xu, S.; Tang, Y.; Ding, S.; Zhang, J.; Wang, S.; Zhou, G.; Zhou, C. and Li, X. (2014)., Synthesis, anticancer activity and DNA-binding properties of novel 4-pyrazolyl-1,8-naphthalimide derivatives., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 24, 586-590.
- Mishra, P.K., Rajak, H. & Mehta, A. (2005)., Synthesis of Schiff bases of 2-amino-5-aryl-1,3,4-oxadiazoles and their evaluation for antimicrobial activities., J. Gen Appl Microbia., 51, 133-141.
- Al- Abed, Y., Dubrovsky, L., Ruzbioska, B., Seehersaud, M. & Bukrinsky, M. (2002)., Inhibition of HIV-1 nuclear import via schiff base formation with arylene bis (methylketone) compounds., Bioorg Med Chem Lett.,12(21), 3117.
- Bharti, N., Maurya, M.R., Naqvi, F. & Azam, A. (2001)., Synthesis, characterisation and antiamoebic activity of new thiophene-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone derivatives and their cyclooctadiene Ru(II) complexes., Bioorg Med Chem Lett.,11(9), 1099.
- Mathew, B., Vakketh, S.S. & Kumar, S.S. (2010)., Synthesis, molecular properties and anthelmintic activity of some Schiff bases of 1, 3, 4 thiadiazole derivatives., Der Pharma Chemica., 2(5), 337-343.
- Omar, T.N. (2007)., Synthesis of Schiff bases of benzaldehyde and salicylaldehyde as anti-inflammatory agents., Iraqi J Pharm Sci.,16(2), 5-11.
- Vazzan, I., Terranova, E., Mattioli, S. & Sparatore, F. (2004)., Aromatic Schiff bases and 2,3-disubsti tuted-1,3-thiazolidin-4-one derivatives as antiinflammatory agents., Arkivoc.,1, 364-374.
- Wang, P. H., Keck, J. G., Lien, E. J. & Lai, M.M.C. (1990)., Design, synthesis, testing, and quantitative structure-activity relationship analysis of substituted salicylaldehyde Schiff bases of 1-amino-3-hydroxyguanidine tosylate as new antiviral agents against coronavirus., J Med Chem., 33, 608.
- Das, A., Trousdale, M.D., Ren, S. & Lien, E.J. (1999)., Inhibition of herpes simplex virus type 1 and adenovirus type 5 by heterocyclic Schiff bases of aminohydroxyguanidine tosylate., Antiviral Res., 44, 201-208.
- Melnyk, P., Leroun, V., Sergheraert, C.& Grellier, P. (2006)., Design, Synthesis and in Vitro Antimalarial Activity of an Acylhydrazone., Bioorg Med Chem Lett.,16, 31-5.
- Dhumwed, S.D., Gondar, T.R. & Chitnis, M.P. (1995)., Synthetic, structural and biological studies of oxovanadium (IV), manganese (II), iron (III), cobalt (II), nickel (II), copper (II) and zinc (II) complexes of 3,4-methylenedioxybenzalidene-2-amino-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro benzothiazole., Indian J Chem.,34(1), 38-42.
- Aydogan, F., Ocal, N., Turgut, Z. & Yolacan, C. (2001)., Transformations of Aldimines Derived from Pyrrole-2-carbaldehyde, Synthesis of Thiazolidino-Fused Compounds., Bull Korean Chem Soc., 22, 476-480.
- Manhas, M. S., Sharma, S. D., & Amin, S. G. (1972). Heterocyclic compounds. 4. Synthesis and antiinflammatory activity of some substituted thienopyrimidones. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 15(1), 106-107., undefined, undefined
- Shemirani, F., Mirroshandel, A.A., Salavati-Niasari, M.& Kozani, R.R. (2004)., Synthesis and application as an adsorbent for cadmium, copper, zinc, and nickel determination after preconcentration by flame atomic absorption spectrometry., J Anal Chem., 59, 228-33.
- Vahabi, V. and Hatamjafari, F. (2014)., Microwave assisted convenient one-pot synthesis of coumarin derivatives via Pechmann condensation catalyzed by FeF3 under solvent free conditions and antimicrobial activities of the products., Molecules., 19, 13093-13103.
- Patil, S., Jadhav, S.D. and Patil, U.P. (2012)., Natural acid catalyzed synthesis of Schiff base under solvent-free condition: As a green approach., Archives of Applied science Research., 4, 1074-1078.
- Patil, S., Jadhav, S.D. and Mane, S.Y. (2011)., Pineapple juice as a natural catalyst: An excellent catalyst for Biginelli reaction., International Journal of Organic Chemistry, 1, 125-131.
- Rammohan, Pal. (2013)., Fruit juice: a natural, green and biocatalyst system in organic synthesis., Journal of organic chemistry, 1(4), 47-56.
- Suman, Anjani, Suprita, Sheetal, Sheetal, Susheel Gulati and Rajvir singh. (2018)., Green and environmentally benign organic synthesis by using fruit juice as biocatalyst: a review, . International research journal of pure and applied chemistry, 16(1), 1-15.
- Koteswara, V. Rao, S. Subba Reddy, B. Satheesh Krishna, K. Reddi Mohan Naidu, C. Naga Raju & S.K. Ghosh. (2010)., Synthesis of Schiff, Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews, 3:3, 217-223,
- M. Sravanthi et al. (2019)., Green route for efficient synthesis of biologically active schiff base ligand derived from 2 - hydroxy acetophenone: structural, spectroscopic, anti-microbial and molecular modeling studies., Int. Res. J. Pharm, 10(3).
- Rammohan Pal. (2019)., A green synthesis of Schiff bases using mango water as natural catalyst under hand grinding technique., Indian Journal of Chemistry, 58B, 522-526.