Effectiveness of electronic resources among users in the central library of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, India
- 1Department of Library & Information Science, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, UP-226025, India
- 2Central Library, GCRG Group of Institution, Bakshi Ka Talab, Lucknow, UP-226201, India
- 3Department of Library & Information Science, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, UP-226025, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 5, Issue (1), Pages 1-12, January,21 (2017)
In present era, E-resources has become most popular sources of information for the Research Scholars, Teachers, Professionals and Students. The need of E-resources services to the users are also growing and becoming very essential. The main need of E-resources is to improve the efficiency of library and to render services to end users and to provide effective information services to faculty, research scholar and students in achieving their goal. In this research, researcher has adopted case study method along with questionnaire technique for data collection. Researcher has met personally to each respondent and distributed 250 questionnaires and got 223 responses. In this study effectiveness of electronic resources are brought out. Maximum no. of respondents (37.66%) are using e-resources from last 2 years.55.15% respondents were learn to handle e-resources through self-instruction. Most of the respondents 139 are using e-resources for education purpose. Out of 223 respondents 130 are partially satisfied with e-resource facilities and only 20.17% respondents are fully satisfied. Dependency on E-resources has increased of 139 respondents and it influenced their academic carrier.
- Kumar J. (2013)., Use of e-resources by PG students and research scholars of BHU: A Case Study., Unpublished MLIS Dissertation, BBAU, Lucknow, 1-2, 4-6
- Kothari C.R. (2004)., Research Methodology: Methods & Techniques., Ed. 2nd Rev. New Delhi, New Age International Publishers, 1-2 ISBN: 9788122415223.
- Yadav Amita (2011)., Information Seeking Behavior of the Medical Professionals of Hims Institute at Safedabad, Barabanki., Unpublished MLIS Dissertation, BBAU, Lucknow, 8-9.
- Singh Yogesh K. (2006)., Fundamental of Research Methodology and Statistics., New Delhi. New Age International Publishers, 54-55 ISBN: 9788122424188.
- Bhat Ishwara M. (2009)., Increasing the Discovery and use of e-resources in University Libraries., Retrieved fromwww.inflibnet.ac.in/caliber2009/CaliberPDF/67.pdf. Accessed on 30 Jan 2015.
- Janet A. Crum (2008)., One-Stop Shopping for Journal Holdings., Electronic Resources Management in Library: Research and Practice, Retrieved from: www.ohsu.edu/library/staff/crumj/onestopshopping/article.pdf. Accessed on 03 Feb 2015.
- Khatri N.K. (2007)., Study of the Use of Electronic Resources for Implementing Library Consortium., Retrieved from:www.isical.ac.in/~serial/consortia/CBSOR-07.pdf Accessed on 23 Feb 2015.
- Kantharaj C.T., Kumar Deepak MR and Prasannakumari N V (2012)., Effective usage of e-resources., Retrieved from:eprints.rclis.org/19960/1/CTK.pdf Accessed on 28 Feb 2015.
- Sunitha K.H (2009)., Effective practices to enhance skills at the Learning Resource Centers., Retrieved from: crl.du.ac.in/ical09/papers/index_files/ical-61_217_462_1 _RV.pdf. Accessed on 23 Mar 2015.
- Bajpal P.R. et. al. (2009)., Use of e-resources Through Consortia: A Boon to Users of Indian University Libraries., Retrieved from: crl.du.ac.in/ical09/papers/index_files/ical-85_83_195 _2_RV.pdf. Accessed on 30 Apr 2015.
- KUMAR S. AND SINGH M. (2007)., Access and use of electronic information resources by scientists of National Physical Laboratory in India: A case study., Retrievedfrom:http://www.las.org.sg/sjlim/SJLIM2011KumarSinghAccess.pdf. Accessed on 03 May 2015.
- Ayob A. (2011)., An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Library Resources and Services in Suporting Researcherís information needs., Retrieved from: eprints.usm.my/ 26120/1/SKPA_(ARAY).pdf. Accessed on 30 May 2015.
- Dhanavandan S. (2007)., An Evaluation of E-Resources in Academic Libraries in Tamil Nadu., Retrieved from:cisjournal.org/journalofcomputing/archive/vol3no3/vol3no3_17.pdf. Accessed on 13 June 2015.
- Chandran V. (2004)., Use and User Perception of Electronic Information Resources: A Case Study of Siva Institute of Frontier Technology, India., Retrieved from: http://www.white-clouds.com/iclc/cliej/cl3 6chandran.pdf. Accessed on 30 June 2015.