Awareness and use of Social Networking Sites by Engineering Students at New Horizon College of Engineering
- 1Department of Library and Information Science, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta- 577 451, India
- 2Prof. S S Basavanal Library, Karnatak University, Dharwad, India
- 3Department of Library and Information Science, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta- 577 451, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 4, Issue (7), Pages 1-4, September,21 (2016)
The present study aim is to find out the use of social networking sites by engineering students. I this study an attempt has been made to find out the frequency of use of social networking sites, time spent on using SNSs and purpose of using these sites. It is clear that students are using social networking sites for communication with friends and for entertainment instead of academic purposes.
- Stephen G. and Thanuskodi S. (2014)., Use of social Networking sites among the students of Engineering & Education College in Karaikudi: A Survey., Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 3(4), 306-311.
- Har Singh and Kumar Anil (2013)., Use of social networking sites (SNSs) by the research scholars of Panjab University, Chandigarh: A study., 58th International Conference on: Next Generation Libraries: New insights and Universal Access to Knowledge, 682-691.
- Jahan I. and Ahmed S. (2012)., Studentsí perceptions of academic use of social networking sites: a survey of university students in Bangladesh., Information Development, 28(3), 235-247.
- Kindi S. and Alhashmi S.M. (2012)., Use of Social Networking Sites among Shinas College of Technology Students in Oman., Journal of Information & Knowledge Management, 11(1), 1250002-1-1250002-9.
- Mohamed H. K. and Sumitha E. (2011)., Perception and Use of Social Networking Sitesby the Students of Calicut University., DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 31(4), 295-301.